Monday 24 March 2014

The Klassic Note Review 2014.03 Issue 2: Latest From Shelf To Shelf

(This is an imported post. For the original post please refer to this link.)

Hi guys. Yep I didn’t have to wait long, not longer than today, at least. IT’S HERE!!!

I swear I got too excited from taking it, and forgot about posting it up on the official Twitter. If you came here from Twitter, you’re probably on the right track. Let’s start shall we?

THE KLASSIC NOTE REVIEW

(Audience: Huh still following this format?) (Then you think what?)



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Toyosaki Aki – Delight [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition
Origin: Aki-chan has been one of my personal (not recommended) favourites ever since she started singing in Anime “K-ON!”. But she has came a long way. This is already her 10th single ever since her debut in October ‘09, and she’s still going strong. With her regular cast of various notable composers supporting her release including Rie fu (yeah…) and vocaloid composer sasakure.UK, she sure is getting the best out of her career.

(1) Delight
Hmm… initial impressions are alright, but kinda deterred by the lyrics, like “SOS” sounds weird to me, and the unusually high pitched notes in some parts of the song. But then listening to the lyrics make you understand that this is a wonderful song about farewell, to welcome spring, which you guys should know is not far in front of us. Composed by someone who I’ve at least heard her write for Aki-chan once is Tamurapan-san (it’s her stage name, and the song is from the 2nd album “Patapa”), who does write decent melodies with relaxing style of music, which is shown in the song. And I like the song, because it’s a soft song of farewell.

You know something? I thought for once when looking at the title that Aki-chan maybe going for her wildest single yet. I’m terribly wrong…
Rating: 4 stars (Average) (Pretty damn good)

(2) Osanpo no Uta
Eh those who don’t desire to go back or even recall your childhood please stop here. Because this song is definitely only audible for kids under elementary school. Nevertheless, the simple folk-song style melody does make the song sweet yet catchy to listen to, especially with Aki-chan at the vocals. Reminds me of Yui in K-ON!, when she was a kid. This must be her theme song back then, haha. Not recommended for matured audiences, but it’s worth a listen. Surprisingly, what I heard on the radio preview is the same as the full song as it’s a little short over 2 minutes.
Rating: 4 stars (Average) (Delightfully cute)

Conclusion: If you liked Aki-chan, I bet you are one of those bastards who took the pre-order from somewhere in which the special gift I wanted to get. Or else, if you don’t mind Aki-chan’s irresistably cute voice and her average singing, please give the songs a listen. The composers at least did a good job doing up the songs. *silence* That’s as far as I can convince you guys to listen, I guess.

AS IF AKI-CHAN IS NOT ENOUGH!
(Audience: Must it be like this every time?)

THE KLASSIC NOTE REVIEW
Horie Yui – The World’s End
Haha. Link is above. I don’t wish to type twice. Lucky I checked it beforehand.

The source? This time it’s TOWER RECORDS (Oops I guess no one bothers about this then. I’ll keep it short), and it’s as troublesome as Animate Online Shop. No EMS, and the packaging is as un-protective as ever. Let’s say it’s “basic” instead of “minimal”, huh. Besides, the gifts are making me happy already (haha), so I guess that doesn’t matter…

I guess that’s all. If you wonder why I took a few hours before doing this up, it’s because I’m enjoying playing SimCity. OFFLINE. I’m not 伍佰 anyway; I don’t enjoy playing ONLINE…

[P.S.: News of Mina-chan’s new single sure spread far and well, if you guys don’t know yet. It’s “Believe x”, confirmed from the official website, and the jacket artwork if out. If it’s like her first single, I don’t mind. I see familiar names in the composition too, like Hoshimura Mai, who impressed me with a BLEACH ending and one song from Mina-chan’s first album, This, is going to be something to look forward to.]