Monday 26 October 2015

The (APoL)tunity

Man, I'm feeling so bad right now, posting her instead of taking action... I feel so bad for not being the hero.

In short, I was in Mac ordering breakfast (now if you think I eat computers you've got yourself to blame) when there was this girl who was at the... what do you call that... utensils area? Yeah. The utensils area after ordering coffee, if I didn't hear wrongly. (Yeah, eavesdropping, whatever) Clearly she was looking for something, as the trays for sugar for the drinks are clearly empty. I've not been taking sugar for some time with my coffee (good for health BTW) and this don't require it anyways.

"Dammit, how awesome of a story would it be if I said I took sugar because of a girl?? lol" -Kaineng, 2015

Anyways, I knew I could help her out by just asking the counter even if I don't need any sugar (that's the heroic part, I guess), but I didn't. I stared at her in nonchalance and just went my way.

Now for the relation to the title. If I DO possess a deck of APoL cards... (Audience: There we go again...) I'll be able to give her some courage to ask the counter or to myself so I could be the hero or even let the counter notice she wants something and ask in initiative.

But of course, all it took is another handsome guy on the line to ask politely to the counter in enquiry of the missing sugar packs on the tray. Oh well. Moving on~

*drinks a large sip of coffee* Ugh, now this coffee with milk doesn't taste that sweet anymore...