Wednesday 6 January 2016

The Song Appetite Chart Analysis 2015



I decided to do this one, out of giving more in-depth analysis of results for Klassic Note this year (2015), so it's alright if you don't read. Well actually, if you read this, please read on.

Every year since like, 2011 if I didn't remember wrongly, I display the amount of songs I hear every month along as a chart, and that line across is called - according to Mathematics - line of regression, which simply means a best fit line for the change of things, in this case an increase of songs.

So yeah, this accounts for the various peaks and troughs of the year, and explains why (aligning with my life, which I will not reveal everything anyways) they are so too. It is also good reason for me to balance this up every since a few years ago I noticed this can help me check out new songs when they are at a low supply at certain times of the year.

(*Just to clarify, the vertical axis is the amount of songs and the horizontal analysis are the months, like "1" as in January, and "12" as in December, of 2015)

THE PEAKS
Typically happening in the middle of the year and at both ends of the line, months along the lines of February, June-July and November are always the heaviest in terms of music releases and intake, and not for much of reason, but then we all know from various shows (*wink* Sore ga Seiyuu Anime *wink*) that production does choose to release songs at certain times of the year, probably by season. June represents summer in season, which is famous for many summer songs this year like Kuso Iinkai's "Gekiteki Natsu Kakumei", Tsuji Shion's "Summer Flag!" single and also not forgetting Toyosaki Aki-chan's "Uh-LaLa" single. November is always a good time to release new songs to end the year, and typically for one last push, with releases from this year being THE ORAL CIGARETTES "Kyouran Hey Kids!!", that joint single with KANA-BOON and Scenarioart "talking/Nana Hitsuji" and Ikimonogakari's single "Love to Peace!/Mudai ~Tooku e~". Really, peak season. Also at the start of the year, production loves to choose the end of February to early March period to release new stuff, for example Goose house's two albums, Tomatsu "Tomacchan" Haruka's album "HarukariskLand" and many other singles trying to join in the fray, from moumoon to sphere to Hanazawa Kana-chan and so on.

THE TROUGHS
It's no surprise that the first and last months are always the lowest, well at least for this year, and typically because that it's shorter than other months. Yes, even including February which has 28 days. The only reasons I can remember of for the months of March and September because they are not the times for releases, specifically for March it's just quiet, and I didn't have any time to get to listen to any new songs, so after the boom in February the rise became much lower. September is same reason for March but then I know that I have went online and indie music sites to search for new songs, which will explain the recover on October and boom in November, which I accepted a couple more songs with artists you guys probably wouldn't know.


All in all, it was a good year. I may have thought otherwise, but then it was good. I missed those days I can make easier decisions, but as the song database increases and as trends change, I have to make change too. Hope next year will be better, yes? I'll see you guys in the weekend, I guess. Bye!