Tuesday 2 February 2016

Klassic Note 2017: The Re-Evaluation??

Why, a re-evaluation??

2017 is still quite far away from now, but then again it's not that far. Back then in 2013-2014 after the awesome 5th year that is Klassic Note back in 2012, I've already thought about things. I'm wondering with the increase of songs how am I going to continue maintaining my standard for giving star ratings for songs. And for recent years this has become a problem. And remember, it's not my fault.
Okay, by now I'd like to attribute the results of this rating system as shown above to my fault. The number of 4-star songs have never decreased, which also draws in my idea of how good the songs are within the generic ratings, which is not a good representation of what I like, especially in 2015, when deciding for the Top 20 is so compelling. So, I'd like to "correct" myself. I noticed ratings from 2008 and 2009 are too unbiased due to a limited amount of songs and artists, so I have been, in recent days whenever I can, been looking at reasons why I give 5-star songs, and also why I give 3-star songs so easily. And after some research through songs from the year 2010 like, just now (lol I know), I then looked back at my list of songs from last year and even this year and thought "this song should've been 5-stars", and that made me think a lot. In my opinion, more songs do deserve the higher ratings, especially when you hear them again in future years.

Therefore, for the tenth year for Klassic Note, I'm going to be generous instead of skimpy. Instead of bringing down the requirements for 5-star and 3-star songs, I'm going to attempt to bring UP the requirements and give more songs the chance to move around the ratings scale, even though it's just within three values. Nonetheless, this shall be a thing, and I'm likely going to do up a final report which will be independent on Hall of Fame document, and of all surveys until 2017. (Note to self...) Until then, I'll try to be more informed and aware of giving first impression ratings and consider to give 5-star songs (especially) whenever possible.


I think I'll forget this in a short time, but hopefully not. I have many plans for the 10th year, so don't you worry; I'm not planning to tell you guys anything about it yet. *laughs* Until next time, I think I may have to give that song which is ringing in my mind recently 5-stars...