Monday 5 June 2017

The Music Video Review - adrenaline!!!

Hey, it's me again. I thought I'll never have to do another music video review (the last time was in 2015) but I couldn't resist. After looking at the awesome Anime theme song of the season (arguably) I have to do it. Backed up by Amamiya Sora's blog post about music video timestamps featuring not her lol, I decided to give Ten-chan some credit by putting it into a full post instead of talking about it in Entertainment News. Then again, the previous one just passed, so this is just me being desperate haha.

Let's begin, shall we?

Here I shall talk in two perspectives: Ten-chan on shots of Asakura Momo (Mocho) and Natsukawa Shiina (Nansu), and then me, of shots of her. Of course, I'll keep this as unbiased as possible, even though any bias might just truly represent who I like more hehe


THE PLOT
I mean, is there? This music video generally fits in the theme of TrySail, ie. sailing to greater heights if that's what the production wants. They immerse themselves in scenes of exploration and being in the seas. Anyway, I think this brings up a notch of what they did in previous MVs, as they play around with a couple of scenes, totally enjoying themselves. And to say that only may also be an understatement. You can see it for yourself. I saw it myself and I'm impressed. At the fanservice haha


TEN-CHAN'S BLOG POST
I refer you to the blog post Ten-chan made soon as the single released back in 26th May. If you don't get it I'll provide a simple translation (insinuated phrases in brackets) on the details along with her comments.

"So, let's start with Mocho."


"Around 0:48, first round of balloons."

"(She screamed) Kya! which made me think she was really scared of it and I thought it was great. I really enjoyed that scene."


"Around 2:02, ufufu."

"Fufufufu" << That's her giggling

(Note: She's referring to her being poked by Mocho as she sings)


"Around 2:12, frowning face."

"It felt really unfortunate. I liked the shape of (her) mouth. As expected (her) disappointed face is surely attractive (to me)."


"Around 2:35, (Mocho) being fished."

"Yeah for this everyone thought (being fished) was cute, (but her) disturbed face when (she) turned back (to look at us) probably was the cutest thing."

"Only Nansu and Ten (I) managed to see that. Ah, (you guys are) getting envious already, sorry about that ne~"


"Around 4:14, getting excited."

"(She) got excited! As this part (her shaking arms up and down) is going to be part of the dance in future lives (as "waku waku" is mentioned in lyrics). To those who will attend future lives please look forward to it~"


"Next! Nan-chan!"



"Around 0:40, face peeking out."

"(Her) expression is very cute, but when she grabbed on to the lizard lion (in front of her) is also amazing."


"Around 0:43, got (face) poked."

"Can you do this 100-point face when people beside you poke you in the cheek?"


"Around 1:52, (open mouth face)"

"The expression the moment she did the open mouth face was cute! (Her) lips sticking out is so cute~ (I get) the younger sister feeling."


"Around 3:15, sandwiches (gone) missing."

"Those stares as only I looked away. Her expression looks (like a) spoiled (kid)."

"The face I gave as I took the sandwiches I wanted to eat is rather irresistible"


"Around 3:53, the part where Mochi (I guess it's 'Mocho') pops a balloon."

"Here I was shocked when Nan-chan was shocked by the balloon popping!! It's just that! It's so irresistible!"




EVERYTHING WORTH MENTIONING
Now it's my turn haha (sorry for the poor translations above please don't try to correct me)
Introducing the new navy privates: Nan, Mocho and Ten!
Pleased to be working with these privates haha
If they're trying to be like fish they're not trying.
Although I think they just want to kiss haha
Them in a bathtub. Something you don't see everyday.
OMG Ten-chan ww
Introducing Asakura Momo, aka Mocho!
I'm more interested in what's behind her though haha
I saw this in the preview before, and I laughed.
Why. Why Nan-chan get no water?
Introducing Amamiya Sora, aka Ten-chan!
This is THE best shot of her I've seen hehe you're welcome
Fishing? You don't see that water down below.
Someone screwed up right here haha
In the video they almost pushed Nan-chan down I think haha
Here Mocho blocked Ten-chan's vision through the... what you call that haha
Ten-chan's acting though, is worthy of praise.
(NOT SMARTPHONE) SELFIE FEVER!!!
Damn I wished I was the cameraman. Or the man holding that camera.

Okay who let the youngest take all the heavy stuff?
Those girls... poor Nan-chan
That delayed reaction of the fake snake popping from above.
I mean, they not even mad
So in summary here's the bed ship scene...
(Yes they have been on a bed the whole time)
... the jungle scene, and...
the bathtub scene. But not what you think haha
And if you don't know who Nan-chan/Nansu is, here's Natsukawa Shiina!
Best shot of ALL the best shots hehe maybe it's just me
The general image of this idol group.
May not be their reality, but it's close enough.
(I say that by watching the whole video)
(And everything else goes here) GALLERY!!!


OMAKE
Of course, if I don't add in this portion why bother starting this post?? haha
The first thing I thought of was this popping of the balloon.
As Ten-chan mentioned Nan-chan was shocked as you can see
Fishing Mocho! She looks so fat kawaii uncomfortable haha
And this is how you teach Mocho geography haha why is it all about her
Ten-chan popping balloons. Damn this was fun to watch

So yeah, MVP here is Mocho Nan-chan hehe. Come on, I haven't gotten over her debut single, yeah? I hope you haven't too. But Ten-chan's at her cutest thus far in any video I've watched (and I watch a lot), and Mocho is just going to get cuter with all those pranks and her random stuff haha. All in all, just fanservice, but I'm glad to have watched it. The song now is just bonus. I'll take this music video any time of the day.

Cya guys next time. Not for music videos, that's for sure.