Monday 4 September 2017

The Klassic Note Review 2017.09 Issue 1

Well, it's going to be tiring doing up a review after a long Monday at school, but I told myself I could've done this earlier (ordering the release, I mean), and it's a public holiday last Friday, so... you know. It could've been Saturday. But hey, since it's here let's talk about it. It's been some time I'm giving another one of their releases, yes?

(Ah, these Razer headphones are making the ripped disc quality sound so much better than that crappy CD player in my room hehe)



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
negoto - Sora mo Toberu Hazu/ALL RIGHT [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition
(I mean, what do you want me to say about these? Or should I mention about the "another jacket" which has the movie tie-in and it's more interesting than any of them?)

Origin: Well, we are familiar with negoto, or so I think. They may have left little impression on Klassic Note, but that doesn't stop them from singing new songs. And just as when I thought their latest single back in June wasn't ringing in me at all, they came up with another double A-side single. This time, with credit. This time, impressing me. This time, I have to listen. And here it is. It's that simple. Pretty straightforward actually if you think about it. Their usual style may come as a turn-off, but once in a while you have these easy-listening ones for movie "Dori Girl". And thanks to this movie, we have a set of wonderful tunes. This, I cannot not give a listen.

(1) Sora mo Toberu Hazu [Sure (to) Fly In (The) Sky]
Written by not negoto, this song is perfect for anyone who likes some rock music. Definitely not your usual negoto style, but they helped with the arrangement of the music, so what you hear is indeed what you get. The melody overall is great. No complaints from the first time I heard the preview to watching the music video in full to now and before this last week when it came out on Apple Music... this song is just great. I can't stop praising about it. It's that good. The lyrics may come as not weak if not, forceful because it tries to fit with the movie (long story short it's a knack at the movie which depicts on those makeshift flying races where you usually end up in the water instead of taking off after going off the cliff), so this is okay I guess. Otherwise, you'll like this song so much so you may want to find out what the movie is about. Congrats, negoto. You finally got a chance to sing a song I'll love.
Rating: 5 stars (Expected Impressive)

(2) ALL RIGHT
Being a truly negoto production if I'm not wrong (yeah all but Yuu the bassist somehow), this one still reflects a lot on them while still truly being a part of the movie this song is also credited for. As an insert song, it gives them more freedom to write what they like, and I think this comes off as pretty good, especially in first impression when I heard the preview. It was perfect. It kind of fell apart though, when I got to hear the full song when it released on Apple Music, and I hesitated. I hesitated to give this song. But then again I don't think it's bad. I just thought that the second verse wasn't as strong as the first verse in terms of impression, so that's a pity. Otherwise, the lyrics aren't as obvious in portraying the movie so it's good, the overall melody is okay, and their music style is impeccable. This shouldn't stop you from anything if you like negoto. Or if you're like me, then I think it's... all right?
Rating: 4 stars (Surprisingly Average)

Conclusion: All in all a great single. I'm liking this. I missed the negoto I liked so much only a new single on my shelf will save it. Hey, I don't normally give them songs, but when I do, it's these that I like. Somehow it's the Rock music style I like from them than the Electronic Pop style they usually do too, so if you like the latter then I'm sorry this single may disappoint you. Otherwise, you'd be pleased. It's the negoto that I liked, and conventional J-Rock everyone will like. And I hope you'll like it too. I just can't stop singing to these songs, really.

(And with this, I officially welcome their entrance into Klassic Note Collection Artists, where ALL of their songs will be kept in high quality with me forever. Congratulations, negoto. You girls have done it.)

-Kaineng, on the Klassic Note


THE PACKAGE

Yeah, all summarised in a Tweet lol. And that's the only image you'll get. Not because of the next review I'm expecting by the end of the week, but that there isn't much. This is your minimal packaging release, so I can't really show you much. And did you see me covering the CD jacket with a card? Yeah, that's the special gift. A little too small if you ask me. But I'm not complaining. I'm glad to even get one. But then it's from CDJapan so I'm not too surprised there aren't many buying from there anyway everyone has a friend in Japan who can buy for them at a lower price *sob*


This is it then. It has been a long day and I need to rest. If there are many spelling problems as you finished reading this I'll be checking it in due time. Just in case you don't know I re-read my blog entries to check for mistakes. Just like APoL which I've not completed 16v2 yet. Okay, that's enough for now. Cya guys next time, where... I make my worst decision ever for the year. Really, what a turn around, from possibly the best two-track single this year to the worst. Sorry Nan-chan; I'm just being honest hehe

P.S. Record-breaking blog post writing time of half an hour. #LifeAchievement I seriously need to rest now haha good night