Friday 29 December 2017

The Klassic Note Review 2017.12 Issue 1

Hey, time for another review. And thank goodness I don't have to do this next year or I'll be breaking a new record in terms of from release to review. Then again, we missed the allocated time period of every year's Klassic Note already, so I guess this is its first exception. Good reminder to all that you should never allow money to get in the way of delivery dates (because cheaper means take more time apparently) especially when it's close to Christmas. *laughs* Anyways, let's move on.

This is a review of Ten-chan's new single which released like nearly two weeks ago, so let's see if this still holds. Remember: I'm doing my ranking as I'm reviewing this. Is she in the ranks? Hehe I'll leave you to think about it



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Amamiya Sora - Eternal [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition
(Trivia: They're the same, but which Ten-chan do you think is cooler? Thanks for the close-up on the Regular Edition as usual hehe)

Origin: We may have missed her for quite some time, so let's talk about her. Voice actress newcomer award winner, 2nd batch of members from talent company MusicRay'n, member of new generation pop idol group TrySail (I've reviewed three singles this year here), and apparently a very good singer. In recent years I guess especially since her first album back in 2016 producers and composers have noticed her potential in singing power songs which she has done multiple times over her first three singles with Anime and Game tie-ins, and this time round they decided to give it their all. Introducing to you Amamiya Sora's strongest power single yet, and I must say, I'm impressed.

(1) Eternal
The song spells plenty of power than trouble at first listen and that is good. Before giving this song and hearing at first preview it totally reminds me of another very familiar song and melody from back in 2014, Hikasa Youko's "EX:FUTURIZE". Especially in the chorus, this actually brings more familiarity than negativity to the song itself, which is great to be honest. It almost feels like another Anime opening theme song, if the industry isn't filled with them already. The lyrics also had plenty of meaning, and ignoring the lack of English proficiency (sorry Ten-chan) the words gives much empowerment to whoever listens to it and makes you feel like leaping into another world. An awesome world with her, we hope. And that is eternal, we hope. What may not be though, are the usual bridge part of the song which will certainly fall through once I end up liking this song.
Rating: 4 stars (Positively Average)

(2) Marvelous scene
As usual the B-side takes more credit even as I review this, but this is more of a give and take in my case. The style of the song is quite similar to the previous song, and the melody is more acceptable because the resemblance didn't hit upon me as I listen to this, actually giving it points for being slightly toned down compared to the previous track. It's also the familiar pop rock tune we get to hear in almost every other release she has till date, which is a good thing. The chorus brings even more feel when you realise the lyrics is so nicely fitting the English to describe what world of despair and hope the words want us to believe in. Add the two together and you get a very satisfactory song overall, and that says things because I'll be listening to it often. Also, it's not often that something sounds cool and yet you can still hear Ten-chan singing with a certain level of cuteness when she hits the high note, which makes this even better in comparison to the serious tune before.
Rating: 4 stars (Strikingly Average)

Conclusion: This is a very good Amamiya Sora single. If you're looking to giving her a chance, this is it. I cannot convince you more. Compared to her debut single which I reviewed three years ago (man, it has been so long?) this has surpassed that by a lot. We don't have emotional tunes. We don't have crazy EDM tunes (lol). But we have power. Concealed in two songs by the new attractive power voice we can get in the next generation of Japanese voice actresses. Take a listen, and you'll see if I'm right to exaggerate or not.

I don't get to hear serious Ten-chan every time, but when I do, I'll be amazed.

-Kaineng, on the Klassic Note


(Sorry if the above review sounds weird or even totally biased because I'm trying to cover the fact I have to rank 200+ songs this year right at this period. Man, this review should've been done earlier)



THE PACKAGE
You can see I took out the CD before taking the above shot lol I'm sorry I totally forgot the order lol
Anyways, let's take some time to appreciate once again (like back in 2012) how wonderful the CD is done. Inserts, booklet, the CD... everything. Also, don't ask why I would take that last one of a special gift from (you guessed it) Aniplex+ when there are half a dozen other outlets with way better gifts to offer. *sigh* As soon as I know I can give this single I went from Animate (*sigh*) to Tower Records (personal favourite) to Gamers to the one from ANIPLEX+, so sucks to be me, okay? I didn't know her new single was this popular and thought I could take my time. Turns out everyone is as hyped as me two weeks ago haha
Also also, the shot below is "terrible" (you won't notice because low-res image!) but as I said I'm rushing for time so whatever lol

You want me to talk about the music video? You know why I didn't talk about the total-fanservice-only-two-scenes-shot-dynamically music video, right?? *laughs* Then again, I'm not into cool Ten-chan so no close-up shots this time hehe



This is it then. I've got a lot of Klassic Note things to do and since I only do them once a year, it's hard to remember the order and do them correctly. Automation man, it's not helping much haha. Cya guys next time then, and hopefully by then, I'll be ready. And don't ask if Ten-chan is in the list. Spoilers: She will be. Okay bye!