Sunday 7 January 2018

The Entertainment News 2018 Edition Issue #1

Hey, I did say I was taking a break, and so I did. *sigh* I'm so in trouble for my final year project...

Anyways, let's get to it. I really don't want my reality to dabble with the wonderfulness of the Anime world hehe



アニメ Sora Yori mo Tooi Basho
I didn't believe in this show at first, but now it has convinced me to want to watch it all just like Kobuchizawa convinced Mari-chan. The first episode (#YoriMoi01) gives context, creates coincidences, and sets the girls on a journey. We start with first girl Mari, who has goals in life, but never set out to do them. Just in an easy example of skipping school, and she still ended up coming to school. But in comes next girl Kobuchizawa Shirase who has a reason to travel far away. And this will be the premise of the story, I guess. Of course, it still serves to explore the things behind the characters which is as touching as it is exciting, and I guess that's what got me hooked as I watched the episode. Unfortunately, it may just stop there, just like Mari's determination to leave for a land far away. The opening theme animation gives good insight to what will happen to this original animation, with many obstacles not and including training and awareness as to prepare for the trip, and that, I might just be deterred. You see, I'm not much of a travel guy than a guy who is interested in travel, but then again it's mostly because of money, just like what Shirase-san lacks. Still, I believe the storytelling may be more convincing in getting me to continue this journey compared to everything else, but then again don't expect a smooth journey. Just like real life, we'll see a lot of bumps, but we'll also see a lot of stories. Things that will touch us, things that may motivate us, and things that will make us thankful for whatever we have done. And that, I might just watch. Hey, it's just an Anime. I'm not so easy as Mari-chan who just joins a trip to Antarctica and letting the family and her insurance company (if she is covered) worry about her lol
Me when I feel bad about stealing someone's stuff lol
I'll see if this holds. I'll probably bail if too much technicality is involved. Otherwise, I might be in for an exciting (Anime) journey of my life. *laughs*
P.S. Biggest problem I have now is surprisingly not all these, but in animation. The girls look terrible, in my opinion. If anything is really going to stop me from continuing this show, it's that. No really, feels weird to me tbh

アニメ Toji no Miko
I'd like to safely say a "no" on this one. Firstly, "special equipment"? No thanks, sci-fi. I'm okay with that centipede, but no robotic powers, thank you. Secondly, didn't expect it to be a group attack, because one-to-one will be more awesome anyways, especially without special equipment. Simplicity, ladies and gentlemen. Remember Kekkaishi? I base this a lot on the opening sequence of the first episode, just so you know. Lastly, I find myself less interested in the story at all times, from the defense group to all the sword-fighting terms to the competition that is happening which had some cliffhanger ending right there so you guys will continue to watch. But I must say I'm probably not following this franchise, considering they are going to make it big. Sorry Kanami-chan (and Hondo Kaede-chan), sorry Juujou-san (and Onishi Saori-chan), sorry super-interesting fighting stance and speed boosts (lol), but yeah, I'm going to skip on this one. Not quite what I like to watch, considering I've already seen the awesomeness that is BLEACH lol. Finally, "what the fuck do you think you're doing Juujou" shall be my last statement for this show.
P.S. Kaede-chan's "uh-woah" is probably the best I've heard this season, and I've watched three shows already haha

アニメ Pop Team Epic
WTF did I just watch? And where's the Sumipe opening theme song??
Okay I'll do a short summary on this one because I'm MOST DEFINITELY not continuing on this series. First things first: this show is not a lie. If you know who were supposed to sing the theme songs and who the real voices are you'd have no worries about what is happening on screen. Talking about worries, the show is nothing but short random jokes, just like how comedy is to be made, but done in two exactly different ways, taking half of each episode. If I were the production I would have killed myself but they didn't. Add in some side story which sounds like the main story about an idol group (they went that far to do this??), and a more palatable second half because we watched the first half which was voiced by the directors probably lol, hey at least this show hasn't sent me to the mental hospital. Not watching for... more reasons than other. Now you know why this show was delayed by one season instead of airing last year.
P.S. I still don't know what is happening so don't forgive yourself for not knowing otherwise (<= 100% intentional)

アニメ Sangatsu no Lion
I watched the second half with Gramps vs Akari and I'm like "hey when have I seen this before?" lol man this show haha
The new episode for the new season (#3Lion34) makes me watch to punch my PC monitor as I watch it haha. (And now you know I don't watch in front of the TV) Okay, the story. I guess they are going to do this until Kiriyama gets to fight with... whoever that silent guy is. Still, really pisses me off that I have to watch another episode of this incident. Hey, kind of important, and if it irks you the production wins, so unlike the parents' in-depth arguing with each other, let's just  talk briefly about it. The bullying incident ensues and spreads across the class, creating tensions at an all time high. The teacher herself was not able to stand the problems that surface within the class, and collapsed. Firstly, I would like to blame on the teacher for not being able to deal with the situation, or until it's too late to do so. Easily because most teachers who are teachers tend to not want to interfere with the affairs of the class, mostly because they are just paid to teach. Very stereotypical situation over here, but of course, as all would recommend, teachers must actually have the patience to deal with and understand the class to some extent in order to help them out when necessary, and not only service those who approach, much like in Anime Assassination Classroom. (Remember that octopus of an assassin? Okay that may be extreme case, but) Then, a replacement homeroom teacher arrives. And because he's also head teacher, dealing with bullying shouldn't be too much of a problem for him. And that brings us to the next point. But instead of picking on seniority for my reasoning, I would like to say the head teacher is right. If there is bullying that whoever is voicing it out will be it. This is made even easier when he decides to do one-on-one talks with all the students in the class, easily means that every other student would have spoken to the teacher about it then. Hey, problem solved. I guess the only thing I can blame on - which the head teacher also admits - is the dealing with situation at the wrong time, for example putting the meeting of the two parents at further different time period would have been more appropriate. Still, I think we may have a conclusion to this, and don't worry Akari-san, you don't have to deal with this stuff anymore because it's settled. I hope. Lastly, I would love to praise on the author for making this a stellar explanation to bullying in school (I hope he wasn't a victim lol), and making the portrayal of weakness and anxiety to its best coupled with the Anime. For the I don't know how many times I'm saying this, I'm glad I watched this show.
And here's an anxiety-free image from the episode.
(Oh sh*t it triggered the theft incident? Sorry)
P.S. And boy am I glad to have given one of UNISON SQUARE GARDEN's songs last year to not throw up on the opening theme song ugh haha oh we're done with Pop Team Epic already? The ending sounded better though, even though I couldn't catch the beats somehow

アニメ Slow Start
Oh so you're good with your hands, I hear? lol okay that's as far as I will go 
I wouldn't say this show is out to a slow start, but this show has plenty to offer to be the next slice-of-life Anime, but I'm not sure I'm that into it though. Let's talk plot. Ichinose Hana (since she said her full name again at the end) is up to a new school life. Somewhere unfamiliar, living alone (technically), and not fast enough to make friends. I mean, if you're like friendly and open Tama-chan you wouldn't have problems. Or if you're the shortest student who probably hasn't grown much since then, or if you're such a onee-san type people will remember your kindness, you're sure to leave an impression on the first day of school. Sadly, Hana-chan is none of them. She is shy, she is nervous, but she got lucky. It's her birthday on the first day of school. And guess what? With that luck she got recognised by the class, or more importantly, by the trio. The show has good subtle jokes too which makes the show more entertaining than your usual genre, so that's good. I'm worried about how much that might affect me though, as the detail and jokes kind of fall off even on the first episode. (Remember the meatballs joke? I don't even if I understood) Talking about names probably is the most boring thing that can happen, but details is what makes this show special too. Little do I encounter a show where the first episode (#SlowStart01) is just Day One. Goddamn, if only they had more of these to share. So I'll be thinking about it for now. No promises because I cannot stand the voices of the newbie voice actors which make me feel like I'm watching a magical girl Anime for some reason lol, but other than that I see this as a good change to a show like A Channel. And that, I may not mind. Man, when are they adding more guys in these kinds of shows? *laughs*
When you know they are giving out freebies on the streets and you got three already lol
P.S. Referring to the thumbnail above, when Hana-chan received a present from her cousin on the birthday dinner I'm like "FINALLY a proper present for my birthday" lol (I'm secretly liking the "going home with you because we gave our good luck charms to the birthday girl" pick up line though haha *writes down*)
P.P.S. I may not favour the opening theme, but if I were to watch this Sangatsu no Phantasia has got my back. Thanks, Mia-san. *censored eyes, thumbs up* (<= Works too when referring to how Hana-chan looks in her school uniform lol)
[I am trying VERY HARD to not mention the boobs jiggle including audio cues in this show I just hope it doesn't happen often it's irritating as heck]

アニメ Dagashi Kashi
The new chapter (98) brings us back to a recollection, where sports days must come with bentos? Sure, something I definitely don't know after years of watching Anime lol, but hey, turns out the father did terrible stuff. I mean, it's really mean to put dagashi in your bento, yes? *laughs* Still, I like how Kokonotsu likes Sayashi's bento, because that just proves someone here's a good housewife hehe. Still, the one time dagashi had to still appear because it was regarded as a dessert, not that it must be everything of a bento. I really wonder if You-san just likes dagashi or is a screw loose haha
If you didn't miss kid Sayashi I did hehe

アニメ Yoru wa Mijikashi, Aruke yo Otome
[(The) Night Is Short, Walk On Girl]
And the least I'd expect is to hear Kana-chan speak fast. Hey, welcome to the Morimi Torihiko world, ladies and gentlemen.
Oh damn am I exited to jump into this same world as Anime Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei. And boy was it an amazing production. I swear, it brings back memories, and then some. I find myself enjoying this movie to the fullest, all wrapped up in a story that happens in a single night.

Let's talk about story for a bit, because unlike the Anime (#KurokamiNoOtome), this movie "actually as a plot here". Plot goes that the senpai (main guy) was finding a way to be with the girl he likes, the girl with the black hair (main girl). And so, in her night of craze besides sticking by a normal wedding night, she starts a tour of the city and gets involved in everything she is in. The thing is, she finds amazement in everything she does, never leaving regret behind otherwise not drawn by fate. But she forgot something. That fate can be created. By someone. Who has an intention. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but hey, what's wrong with chasing a girl?

This show summarises my life so well, I don't even know how to comment. (Okay, besides the drinking, the hotplate deathmatch, and I had someone to love in university haha) Firstly, let's talk about production. This wonderful movie is done in the exact same way as the Anime I've seen five years ago, and boy am I glad to have watched that screw up of a show. But then, it left an impression I wasn't able to forget, and a lesson I'll always remember. (Be sure to watch that first before watching this) Cue in the announcement for this movie to be done in the exact same way but featuring a different story written by the same author, my anticipation for this went to an all time high. Featuring some familiar voices (Hanazawa Kana *chu*, Kamiya Hiroshi who also is very similar in popularity to his acting character lol), I can't wait for this to come out. And I'm not disappointed. Watching this type of animation is like going on a journey, and I might say, comparable to Studio Ghibli movies. Add in a nice touch of unexpected musical format to keep the format short yet eventful (because they don't have 11 episodes to do never-ending speeches like last time), the journey was fun. Just like the girl with the black hair, we had moved forward consistently without having to worry about devotion and just to enjoy life to the fullest. And that is its beauty.

Then, there's the references. I don't know about old songs which the musical might have adapted from to tell the story in the guerrilla theatre, the show is FULL of Yojouhan references. From familiar faces (Higuchi, the chairman, Jougasaki lol) to even more familiar scenarios depicted from speech to visuals (lol boob wall), because this was adapted from a similar environment which is the university that the main guy of the Yojouhan Anime was from, I felt right at home the moment it started. I was mostly laughing because I've became the target of the many jokes from the very familiar yet ironic references in the movie, I can only but laugh.

Finally, the pace. In this types of animation, most appreciated and the most underappreciated must be its pace. It's so fast, you thought the night wind in the movie that was giving everyone the colds (I mean, it's technically a typhoon) was blowing faster than the plot. And then they even reminded you with it in various ways, from the clocks/watches of the elderly running faster than the young main characters (reflection of society btw) to how all this happens in one night (if you didn't catch it the main girl said it in visit to Rihaku's house when he was ill) to Johnny's appearance in the senpai causing in an emergency, and despite all that, it did not miss on storytelling. I can guarantee you that after watching this, it's either you get all of it or you get none of it. Well, it may be because of the references, but still. It's a hell of a ride of freedom. And it all makes sense from a book ownership perspective, just like how the God of Used Books has desired. Now we can all rest well, knowing we've yet witnessed another wonderful romance tale that will never exist in our bland, empty and meaningless lives, just like the Fake Denki Bran hehe. Hey, at least these guys made me laugh for 2 hours. *laughs* Now I wished I had paid to watch this movie when it aired March April last year. *sob* Also, I think I found the perfect woman to teach me to enjoy cocktails. I've watched that Anime Bartender and always wanted a drinking buddy hehe
Haha I let my inner Johnny choose the thumbnail lol
(Also, if you can take this image, the show is perfectly adult-friendly hehe)
P.S. Thanks production for the summary. Otherwise, I'll be the latter audience even up till now and probably have to watch back the footage just to remind myself what happened lol. Also, thanks Ajikan for the theme song. Ends the movie perfectly.
P.P.S. Once again, I've enjoyed being in another fictional world. Hey, to all authors out there? If you can create one fictional world in your life and everyone likes it, keep doing it. (think J.K.Rowling) Because there's never a better way to do fiction than to re-use that wonderful world and tell a thousand stories on it. I'm not talking about you though Disney; Don't get the wrong idea haha
OMAKE!!!
My inner Johnny did this GIF. *laughs*

音楽 This Week on Klassic Note
I'll talk about briefly what I did, like many other things I said I will talk about briefly above and still it's a heck of a paragraph lol. I gave songs from Coalamode (their latest single) and GLIM SPANKY (thanks One Piece not) maybe to start Klassic Note this year which is actually from next week, so all songs of the day are void and not committed to Twitter as of now. I've heard some theme songs from the Anime I watched this week, and I can see some of them coming in to the list in the near future. Other than that, I guess I'll take more time to give other artists I've given this year as an update, maybe Frederic, as much as I don't want to because it's all their beats or whatever haha



This is it then. I've thought of writing that draft I created years ago on BLEACH universe now that the manga has ended (even though it'll require some tweaking because things have changed), but nah probably not I better get started on my school project soon. Cya guys next week then, and hopefully, I'll be sadder than I am now. Haha goodbye.