Sunday 30 December 2018

The Entertainment News 2018 Edition Issue #52

Hey! Welcome back to *cough* the slew of blog posts I'll be doing over to the new year!! (Yeah, I'm still weak) Second up in case you missed the previous one, we'll be concluding this year with some talk on Anime next season and Klassic Note stuff on the last issue of The Entertainment News! We seriously need a better name this sounds so lame...

Without further ado, let's get to it then! This one will be short, I promise.


アニメ Winter 2019 Season Preview
Rather disappointing in general, plenty of sequels, nothing that interests me so I might look at a couple on first episode and hope I'll actually get shows because we're starting from zero here, just so you know. Maybe I should go watch older shows instead lol hey there Katori Layton haha

My general comments after exploring and reading the link (which is kindly provided by me) above:

  • Boogiepop wa Warawanai actually sounds like a creepy show, and with Yuuki Aoi taking the lead on this I don't see why this show wouldn't get popular. So no thanks. *laughs*
  • Haha a world where the number of otakus are dwindling? Nice joke, Pastel Memories.
  • Initially I thought Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! was as terrible in lolicon talk as UzaMaid I watched this season, but hmm... I'm not into little girls though, so... If I ever watch it's because I know more than half the female cast haha
  • I've seen a chapter of the manga from Yakusoku no Neverland and I know it's good in plot especially in terms of suspense, but no, not a fan of such stuff to be honest. Too dark to enjoy every week. Remember: Me watching Attack on Titan was a mistake. Kara no Kyoukai is a happy accident though hehe #RIPKalafina
  • If I didn't even see the name "Sasuga Kei" (author of "GE - Good Ending") I wouldn't have stopped to look at Domestic na Kanojo [airs 11th Jan 2019]. Wow, as expected, you've done it, Sasuga-sensei. (Word pun not intended) You've got an Anime adaptation. Premises seems familiar with the previous work with some level of sexual references (and not in the form of sex jokes) (but not as extreme as "Koi to Uso"), and it may have just came in (literally) at the right time. I'll give an episode one on this one, to be honest. Again, congrats sensei on getting your work on the big screen. Been waiting for another work since then actually. Never bothered to find out though for some reason lol
  • Okay this one I might want to give a chance. Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Ren’ai Zunousen [airs 12th Jan 2019] is actually a typical romance show, but in this case I guess in a circle of people who are very up on themselves, and confessing or falling in love means you lose, there seems to be so much premise for the fetish I've always liked. No, not sadism and mashochism, please. (Not so sure about tsundere on the males, but still) Man I wish Ten-chan (Amamiya Sora) would act any character in this show but too bad, we're not getting her. Not a lot of familiar names here, so I hope I'll get to know more new girls like Asakura Momo or Kohara Konomi (voices Kasumi in "Asobi Asobase", Akane in "Tsuki ga Kirei") lmao

Yeah, that's it. If we get lucky on episode one on the two of them I would plan to watch then at least this section will not be empty starting next week. Oh yeah, they don't air this early, huh. Uh oh. *laughs*

Well, looks like I will have to take a break real soon. Or, I could revamp this post...

P.S. Sasuga Kei is the author of "GE - Good Ending", the first original manga I picked up, finished reading in translation and DID NOT become an Anime even though I thought it was good. Heck, all original manga I follow are not even close to becoming one, so this came as a surprise, to be honest.

音楽 This Week on Klassic Note
Two things I'd like to talk about here which might be interesting or whatever I'm trying to fill this up anyway haha...

Firstly, is what I am doing now about this year's songs. I know it's important to do #KN10YEARS too but I'm not in a rush for that for I have to think of how to even give The Top 20 now that I still have no idea how I should give them. (I have less than 24 hours to decide, by the way) So that is still my priority now, figuring out the order and to what I have to put in. Man, this one is the toughest yet since 2015, to be honest. I did the Song Integrity Survey wrongly, to be frank. I thought a changing ranking system may help boost the changes in giving song ratings every year but turns out I became more complacent and gave more average ratings in general, making it real hard to know which ones I think are still good. Well, hours of brainwashing would help, but I'm not doing that. Oops.

And also, is the announcement of song award results this year. Starting this year I've thought of making it easier on myself to avoid hosting outside of the blog so I have decided to bring it to here! Well, not for the previous years since moving in will be a pain (in the future if I want to), but suffice it to say I'll have more flexibility in showcasing the results here than... anywhere else. Strikingly is an exception, by the way, that was for summary. I mean, for starters, this site is mobile friendly. So yeah, that is that. I'll try it out tomorrow (including audio previews because why not) and see for it myself. Should'nt have any problems but the format might change a little.




I guess I'll stop here for now, I really need to stare at the list of songs I have for this year and decide how I should give the best presentation of The Top 20 (which usually features more than 20 songs lol) for Klassic Note 2018, and boy am I excited to do that, even though hesitant because I can't decide who should take the top spot! Man, headaches all over. Not as bad as this cough I've been having for weeks and seeking medical help didn't really help much because as soon as I stop taking medication, it immediately comes back. Maybe I need to quit my indoor office job so I can recover lol okay bye