Sunday 29 September 2019

The Entertainment News 2019 Edition Issue #39

Hey, welcome back.

I really wonder why I only did those hashtags above for Anime when I could be doing it for EVERYTHING I've written on every post ever since this version of the blog existed five years ago. Okay, I'd rather spend time unifying Klassic Note and its contents haha it's mostly that this weekend you know. Design considerations now that I can understand database management.

SOMEONE GIVE ME ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH NOW okay let's begin




アニメ Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san 2
"It's a date!" Haha damn kids you're so right I can't even
You're going to wonder how a marriage proposal will ever happen with these two. *laughs* In this final episode (#TakagiSanS212) which I can't wait for the weekend to watch (still, 2 days delay?) and here I'm hearing things like "if I do date things, I win" from that Nishikata? Seriously man, he's an idiot to fall for this girl. *laughs* This show in a nutshell haha. Anyways, let's talk about the date summer festival hehe. So yeah, the guy asked the girl out, they went, the guy is not even dressed up for the occasion, and the girl is dressed in a yukata. So will the other girls in the series from the trio to Mano-chan to Houjou-san but who cares about them because this episode's focus is in the main couple. You see, Nishikata? It's hard to not use to the word "couple" even if I'm an adult lol you can treat me as a kid. Ignoring whatever is that "people don't call us a couple" mini-game, many things happened in the festival between the two which really spiced things up for the finale. I mean, come on, even if you don't watch this you should know the fireworks are the highlight okay let's get through the others first. Firstly, Takagi set out a challenge to Nishikata in order to fulfil her own desires on this date: do things a couple will do here at any point and he wins. It's like seeing a Charged Creeper in Minecraft from like, 5 years ago lol (that was the worst video game analogy I can make) so yeah, Nishikata really struggled to make it happen. From holding hands to taking selfies to sharing food... he knows. HE KNOWS, what a couple would be doing. But no, he rather play games and win Takagi. Seriously, why is he such a try hard? He knows he can't win at goldfish scooping. No really, even if he didn't let the big one go for the other kid to have it so that her younger sister could be happy, he probably still won't win. (And now that you have seen the strategies, be sure to try it out yourself! lol) Well, Takagi eventually gave the fishes they scooped to them anyways. You know, being the smaritan because you can't carry that many and/or would even keep one for yourself unlike some other girl lmao. (I'm so sorry I'll stop with the references) They then bought some food, just as the trio came out and also bought some food (Yukari-chan is not hungry she is only hungry for love haha) and Takagi presses in on the offense, opening her mouth supposedly hoping that someone would feed her... it's not happening, girl. Again, this does not work because that guy's a dork haha. (And you aren't even sharing utensils what the-) (haha) And in the middle of the episode, Nishikata lost sight of his girl trying to avoid other girls from his school. And yes, it was an omen waiting to happen again, so I'll leave it at that. But yeah, same town, same people. Meeting them will be a thing, so I'm sorry Nishikata you asked for it by asking Takagi out in the first place haha BOOM GOT YOU. And then, they played ring toss. I would argue I suck at it, so Nishikata you shouldn't feel bad about it even if the teacher saw you two together alone. *laughs* I like how Nishikata doesn't come up with preventive measures to Takagi's teasing like for example, faking a throw so he can throw her off her own tease, but hey, not like the teacher doesn't know you two are just friends hanging out. *laughs* (He probably think they were hanging out with the others and just wanted to play this) Apart from the p-p-prize uncle telling Nishikata to make a c-c-choice (okay stop insulting people who stutter, me) and... interestingly, instead of choosing a prize for himself (I guess there aren't any that he likes, carnivals are that level of quality anyways), nice guy Nishikata strikes again (oh I forgot to put that just now) to give Takagi a present instead. A hairpin, in this case. He got a mask in return though lol WTF TAKAGI I GAVE YOU SOMETHING NICE haha. Lastly, they were waiting for fireworks in the crowd. Standing there, I bet he didn't even realise that the mask was the perfect guise, isn't it? You put on that and do that and it'll be an easy win. *laughs* (I meant put on the mask, and hold hands) So yeah he did not, and the mask has a purpose (I sense Anime filler drama logic here) which is easily seen when he sees his friends walking by so he thinks he can cover his face with it and then Kimura literally saw through him (pun intended) and also (which is why he's MVP this episode) he saw his friend holding something normally a female would and left quietly, so kudos on you, bro. You be Nishikata's best classmate this series. (Haha looking at you, Takagi) And this time, while trying to disguise himself from his friends, he lost sight of Takagi again. This time, among the huge crowd, he couldn't find her. Yeah, now we're talking drama. And so did Takagi realise, only it's too late because (1) the fireworks are up and (2) she wasn't with the guy she wants to. I want to talk about how wonderful the theme song is, but let's focus ourselves on how desperately Nishikata tried to find the girl while she... hid away up upon the temple hoping he will come? What is this, some ancient love drama plot? (I sense middle-aged scriptwriters here lol) The plot twist here, and again Kimura MVP, he and the other guy (sorry I don't remember your name) but in particular Kimura, was on the lookout for (probably cute girls but also) Takagi since he sees her without him around. You know, the not couple sighting. And as he sees Nishikata around, he shouts to hint him on Takagi's last seen location, and that's how you get a happy ending. Too bad it wasn't, (I sense evil Anime production vibes) because the fireworks ended just as they found each other. Aw... Okay now we gotta get that cab trip to Chiba- Oh, we not doing that? *laughs* (Yes, you losers if you never watched Kaguya-sama) (oh and if you intend to sorry for spoilers haha) And that brings this season to an end. What do you guys think? For me, I really hate the idea of the guy being dumb and not just ignorant or block-headed, but man Nishikata, you not feeling embarrassed or literally a tsundere will help move things a lot between you two. Nonetheless, he did hold her hand, so lucky you Takagi, but he wins. *laughs* Games, teases, and jokes aside, this season ended up making them a couple. And that... might be the most we can ask for this season. The start of this season probably gave us good hints on how this might be progressing, spending more time to show us how much they enjoy each other's presence (Nishikata included), and those feelings that progress over time must be more important than the games they had to play (well, Takagi had to play since Nishikata always started it) because this love, man. If you guys didn't even shed a tear at the ending where guy tries to find girl... I'm not going to help you. But if you did, I'm sure this might have been more impactful than the rest of the season, even though I would argue this is not like, a build-up on drama or something. To really end this, I'll take a leaf from Takagi who has been secretly observing, asking questions about, and been interested in this guy called Nishikata throughout this series and this episode. Because Nishikata is such a nice person even as seen throughout the date, from letting someone else win the goldfish, to giving gifts to others even upon losing, to frantically searching for that someone as if he or she was a close family member... he is the true winner in her eyes. And this feeling of a nice guy, I think, is the true treasure we should hold deep in our hearts as fans of this series. *silence* I'm sure Takagi does too, and I'm also sure we like her more than the guy too (vice versa for ladies maybe?) (seriously, the drawings on her are always so good though), but all in all, it is what it is. Middle schoolers they may be, but they are having a better time than me when I was a kid, so lucky you all. I'm going to a corner to cry now haha
(Painstakingly patched) Perfection.
P.S. "Normal adults won't do that!" I mean, your friends probably would. Hikari would.*laughs*
P.P.S. This postscript is dedicated to talking about this episode's insert song (not the cover ending song by Takagi, and is) by Ohara Yuiko who has been doing the opening theme songs so far. I'm soooo glad I gave this song back in end July because man, the feels when you know the lyrics (hopefully for you, from the subtitles) and they give that Nishikata searching Takagi amongst the lights thing? It's so staged, this insert song, but for this song being inside the Anime, I cried. It was that touching. Thanks, Anime, for making this miracle happen. A third season need not matter. You won "Araoto" this season (shut up Baka haha). And I'll take this impression as its best. *sob* I'm done.
[Since it's last episode let's put more sweet Takagi reactions in, yes?]
That's a "my boy did the good guy thing" face
That's a "my boy isn't here" face haha

アニメ Autumn 2019 Anime Season Preview
(Source: Random Curiosity)
It's that time of the season again, so yeah with most shows ending this week (of course, including Takagi-san), and this coming in somewhat in time this weekend, I will, as usual, comment about the shows I've seen on the list. Shows I may give an episode (and does not mean it's confirmed) will have premier* episode dates listed.
(*Premier airing refers to TV premier; early screening events and exclusives are not counted)
  • I won't be watching OreSuki (Ore wo Suki na no wa Omae Dake ka yo) but I know my harem-loving friend will. No, that related Anime thing written on the post will NOT entice me to watch this it LOOKS terrible haha
  • If I'll ever watch Houkago Saikoro Club [Premiers October 2nd] it'll be because of Marinka. Period. Because the technical terms in board games will make me so bored her character will be the only way to cheer me up I might be skipping this altogether I don't know
  • I... may have to watch back season 1 if I am to give Hi Score Girl II a chance someone give me 2 weeks work leave lmao
  • Null Peta [Premiers October 4th] may get emotional at some point, but if it's not the-game-is-done-way-better-than-anime-adaptation emotional I'll live with it haha. Anime original series btw and it's releasing with a game? Is this how it happens now?? Either the game is going to be boring or I'm going to hate the Anime prove me wrong lol. (Also Waki Azumi stop getting on my face!! Geez haha)
  • Tokunana (Keishichou Tokumu Bu Tokushu Kyouakuhan Taisaku Shitsu Dai Nana Ka: Tokunana) [Premiers October 6th] sounds like an interesting original anime filled with hidden dragons disguised amongst humans until I notice I have to give the dragons. I like the idea of action Anime with alternate world disguises (say BLEACH, Bungo Stray Dogs) so I might give this a try. It's all the guys though where are the females in this special unit? Ah, there are 2 haha. Also, why put the young boy newbie as main again? Do all special agencies need to have one of those? lol come on be more original, Anime.
  • Babylon [Premiers October 6th] didn't really get me hooked in until I see who wrote the opening theme song (Hey Q-MHz write some more songs for Mikakoshi would you) and I guess I can get another thriller anime in my pocket. It has been some time since shows like "Subete ga F ni Naru" and "Ranpo Kitan" came under my microscope. I wished it had more action like "Tokunana" above though, but I promise, I will not pit these two against each other if I'm giving this too haha
  • Why would I want to come back from work looking at work? Africa no Salaryman is not going to be up my alley unless I'm a furry there are TWO this season including this wtf
  • Is Pet going to air this season?? I have a feeling I'll get to watch the real life stage drama first before the animation lol really it didn't even announce a date why is it on this list

Hmm...

...

I guess we'll take this time to catch up on Manga, shall we?

漫画 Kuroshitsuji
Oh yeah the guys were infiltrating the rich peoples' places to gather information, let's see what they have gotten so far behind the backing of the "real" Ciel Phantomhive. (I still remember the Ciel Ciel thing don't worry I just don't think this will be necessary now) So yeah, about the maids in that mansion. Apparently the reason for this many maids in the house and the continuous search for them are revealed in the recent chapters (154-155) where the Baron himself is actually seeking for love. Firstly, there's the morning greeting. Sucks to have to wait to eat breakfast to do this, but you know, he be a nice guy. The newbies are introduced to the master on his surprise return after a long trip I assume, and... someone got an invitation. Since I can't keep the suspense, let's talk about reality. The Baron does this unusual move due to him not seeking for love, but seeking for a replacement for his wife. Seeing his age and still single, it'll be no wonder that he has lost his family in an accident years ago and is not just unhappy with his wife and seeking physical pleasure lmao. Or more likely, someone to complete his life ever since that trauma hit him, literally. I wonder why he has to do the maids though (isn't that kind of lowering your status?), but suffice it to say that Meirin did get to see what happened, the head maid was kind enough to explain to her the situation before letting her go, and Ranmao is the next target. And... unlike the other newbie who just got a try-out and left the place (lmao it's like with clothing when you go shopping), she did not return. Which of course, can only mean two outcomes. Either (1) she did somehow manage to suit herself (remember she is Lau's bodyguard, that emotionless girl) into the Baron's favours and hopefully she's still a virgin after that night haha, or (2) she failed to protect herself, as a bodyguard. Yeah. And from the last cut of the chapters, it might be the latter. Man, that Baron must be RIPPED haha we don't know for sure. But one thing's for sure: she didn't win. And that might be an issue of concern. What will happen of Ranmao though? I guess we have not long to know of the answer.
How did the Baron find all the time to write all this himself? Just saying
Must be great being the head of the house with all those servants lined up #RichManGoals

漫画 Nagasarete Airantou
Eh, in random stories in this series lol (168-169) we have two stories to talk about. Someone in the carpenter's house is surpassing Rin, literally and arguably the worst carpenter on the island who still bears its title (lol), and the rest of the house is keeping it a secret from her. No one knows why, but a certain penguin (okay Misaki stop being aroused lol) is obsessed about who can make such fine work, making intricate items out of wood. Looks like it can only be from the house, as Rin deduced, but apparently it's more than that, which will explain why Ikuto is not performing his usual social justice self by solving the mystery haha. So yeah, Rin incidentally found out that the penguin (I don't want to write his name down since I can't remember haha) actually sleep walks around the house, and surprisingly, makes his own woodwork in the middle of the night! Sure is weird for someone to be able to do this, but hey, the reason sells, so whatever lol. Turns out it's Mikoto, the ninja who also is an apprentice carpenter (I mean, is she though?) in the house, who is surpassing Rin-chan in many ways than possible, which Ikuto would explain whatever is hidden inside the beautiful box that the penguin found up on the hills. Ninjas would go there, the penguin doesn't know himself too probably, and the food only comes from Mikoto's place. Mystery solved. *laughs* The other is probably more relatable for all of us, which is a day without Misaki in Ikuto's place. To summarise, there's Suzu-chan, Ikuto, that pig thing Tonkatsu (yep, the name), and Misaki, the imouto. So a day without her should be a day in normal as we have seen in the Anime which is probably still chaotic, but hey, after this many chapters later? Ikuto is believing that he is not building resistance to that haha bro you don't build resistance to sexual arousal lol. Anyways, sure is more interesting than other people's affairs (lol sorry Rin-chan), and... I don't think I will miss this series haha when is it going to end though
The simple joys of life that's me with-

漫画 Boku ga Boku de Aru Tame ni
Since someone is translating this, I thought we should continue with it until the series ends then maybe I'll do the same thing as I did with "AmaetaiHi" by buying the set. So, the "new" chapters (4-7) continue on the identity-changing story between Shun and Ayumu, and honestly reading at this speed now instead of raws? I feel bored. *laughs* Let's talk about it first. Firstly, we are introduced to the new guy, Kouhei. Well, not really new since they all know each other in middle school, but surely something happened, right? You don't have to change into Ayumu to know this, Shun-kun. Still, that might still be something hard to uncover even by disguise standards, so let's leave it as that. Then, there's the slip-ups. Of course, Ayumu and Shun are fine without being themselves, especially Ayumu, but Shun slowly noticed that he could be someone else without being the timid, soft-spoken and restrained self that he has always been. Is that good though? Only time will tell. But suffice it to say he gets to ask a lot of questions from others about it, but gets some slip-ups when he forgets who he is by remembering stuff that this new classmate doesn't know, to the not childhood friend. Mindf**k already? You're not alone. Again, way easier to understand with the translations, no joke. Lastly, the prelude to the end. As seen in Chapter 4, and knowing that the truth has somewhat been revealed in the latest chapters since a few months ago when I saw it (chapter 80+ or something?), somehow Shun-kun will be leaving again. Leaving as in, saying goodbye to his friends in school like he has to do in middle school. So coming back kinda sucks, and if things aren't settled between all these people as of now, it'll only get even more unsettling when he leaves again, I guess. And add in the others who will shortly join this middle school reunion party, and things might get awkward when the truth about body-switching is out. Hey, no harm caused, but there's romance involved, so the harm isn't just social, if you get what I mean. To end this, I think I'll try to see ahead on the conclusion and plan accordingly. If we do reach there than I may have to spend a weekend reading through... what is it now? 8 volumes? Well they are short but my reading's bad so we shall see. Again, subtle story, may be boring, but when the waves hit you'll love this ride. Also, Sana-chan is that cute I can't even
Never thought of it like that with her in my middle school haha now I live to regret

Maybe I'll do this as a seasonal thing, ie. every three months in the space between Anime seasons. Gives time for scans to be made and also won't force me to read stuff every week or month. Also, will cover some of the others next week, but seeing the Anime premier schedules...

音楽 This Week on Klassic Note
This week has been quite a week at Klassic Note. And if I did say Sunrise In My Attache Case's new album is going to be hype, then I'm gravely wrong. Well it isn't, and as of now I haven't even decided what in the new list I want to give. Okay, maybe one. But that's it. No good. Half the album is on reserves now, which is bad considering it's all English songs and it's either give or throw all in my case haha. Ohara Yuiko's 1st album after like what, 4 years since debut? Okay, whatever, but it isn't bad. I did mention her melodies aren't great, but as mentioned before and even on Twitter, song production is making her songs better than ever, and that's a good thing. I'm loving 3 songs now because of this. She may not be the next big thing, but I'm glad I gave her another chance since that Anime theme song single. You can feel this out with how many Tweets that had her name in it haha. Natsukawa Shiina's 1st EP must be the highlight this week, and boy is it because it's released same day on Apple Music Japan? I was wanting to b*tch about it on Twitter on how I didn't get to hear it on time in streaming  during lunch and I'm like "WHAT?" *looks back at Mocho and Ten-chan's song lists* "Is this some miracle??" *laughs* (No one can relate, by the way, not even my co-workers or my friends) Okay I did that bit on Twitter already, so be sure to give her... concept EP a chance? It's her in every other music style besides those that were from her album, in my opinion. Really, thought Aki-chan was in her new release for a moment lol the legacy must go on

Most notably for next week is the fact that I will be giving Mrs. GREEN APPLE's new album a chance seeing how popular their music videos have been lately, and I'll get back to SIMAC when I am in the right mood. On Twitter, Hashimoto Eriko is going solo (well, is that surprising) with a new demo song music video which ain't bad (the song, not the video), LuckLife is coming up with a new mini-album due December (which I may not get to hear it again and if I do I might be disappointed lol), yucat's new song is finally on Apple Music after 2 months, fumika's new album revealed a long track list which is honestly just too many for my ears already maybe, and I realised Polkadot Stingray's mini-album is in three weeks. That, I think I said it last week liao so I'll save myself the shame haha. Also, sphere's new single for yet another Anime has a music video preview. Well, it's as much as you can expect haha




I guess I'll stop here. I've been spending a lot of time doing up Klassic Note stuff (standardisation of file names is a bitc-) and maintenance of this PC since I'm intending to let it survive till the end of the year which is coming so I better start planning what I want for my home PC from here on. Well, I won't have that much time to look at it though since I'm working BOOM GOT ME haha but I want to make my home time entertainment better. You know, words coming out from a loner lol. Cya guys next week then, and until then... I hope I won't continue being bored at work I've been doing the same damn thing for the past 2 months I think I need a career change TIME TO WRITE THAT RESIGNATION LETTER haha bye