Tuesday 17 September 2019

The Klassic Note Review 2019.09 Issue 1

Seriously, I did not plan ahead on this. I swear I gave this single because it's good and not because Mocho is cute haha

So yeah, welcome back to the quarterly series that is The Klassic Note Review lol. Besides jinxing this and reminding you to come back in another three months in December (haha), we shall spend some time talking about Asakura Momo's newest single. Hey, she's on fire this year. Songs, guys. Songs. *laughs* It's a weekday but you know doing this post will make me happy for the rest of the week haha let's start

Man, am I clearing Mocho singles left and right. What is this, her 2nd this year? And I cleared an old one last year? Didn't expect her to climb up the ranks here but




音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Asakura Momo - Yume Cinderella [Single]
(Just joking; click on the image to switch back)
Limited Edition Regular Edition Anime Limited Edition
(Far shots or looking away are the worst; the Anime version cover is perfect somehow)

Origin: We reviewed her 2nd single last year due to the one song not appearing on her first album, we've done another in June earlier this year, and now we have another. As MusicRayn's 2nd batch of invested Anime voice actress/talent, Asakura Momo is doing pretty well in theme songs even though she isn't excelling in the voice acting industry. This time, similar to her debut single, the whole release was produced by HoneyWorks, a production unit also affliated to many works in Anime, all under the same corporate umbrella. All in all, it's a good chance to get good songs and her cute voice together once again for Anime. And this time around in her 7th single, it aims to deliver some sadness, some happiness and a lot of romance in between. Let's take a look.

(1) Yume Cinderella [Dream Cinderella]
"(Being an) Adult in love, feeling like Cinderella"
(It's) Sparkling, (yet) uncomfortable
(I) took off and threw away (those) glass shoes"
This topic song this time around is an ending theme for Anime "Araoto". From a show that talks seriously about experiencing love and sadness, this song delivers by making you feel all those emotions at the end of every episode, whether it's cliffhangers or just feeling relaxed having to go through the emotional rollercoaster that is the Anime. Other than that, the melody is acceptable since the bridge part is technically shorter than your average Anime song, and getting used to the initial preview really helped this to get into the list. The lyrics say the same tune to the Anime too, talking about being fed up with understanding love as the girls in the Anime do too, and selfishly doing it their own way. The little quirks of her saying instead of singing the song sure makes it cuter than usual, but other than that you get a decent melody that is made for Anime. And that is good enough.
Rating: 4 stars (Nicely Average)

(2) "Sayonara" Kiite. [Listen to (my) "Goodbye"]
"I got someone to love
(He) is very different from you
(It was) all tears in (my) first love
That too (I) will forget, and (I'll) just fall in love"
And of course, the B-side of any single is the dealbreaker for any review here, and this is not an exception. What sounds like a simple melody already is preparing itself to go into my alley, as all would know I favour, and coupled with a light-hearted mood makes this song one hard to reject. Talking about rejection, the lyrics tell a rather sad past despite the happy melody. You are ditched by her (I'm sorry), and she just fell in love with someone else. Yes, it's our worst nightmare. "Can we stop getting Mocho to sing such songs already?" Surprisingly, she delivers these songs real well, whether it's a happy or sad love song, it has always been a joy giving these. It is not that impressive overall considering they brought up a pitch in the last chorus of the melody, but the lyrics won't chase me away, so I guess I have to give the song, right? Don't be jealous on those words though she will get married some day so this song will be relevant no matter what. *sob*
Rating: 4 stars (Lovely Average)

Conclusion: What do you want me to say? If I say this isn't a good single I wouldn't do Asakura Momo justice because this genuinely is a good single. Ironically, the average B-side totally saved it from being just your average Anime theme song single. If it needs a reason to stand out, it's not because she has been singing love songs since her first album last year. If it will ever stand out, it will be because her voice is made to sing lovely love songs, to make all of us fall in love with her again and again. This one will continue the trend, I promise you. If you aren't a fan, you should also give this girl a chance. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two from the lyrics on how to fall in love.

-Kaineng, on the Klassic Note

(If you didn't notice in the lyrics but (I assume your Japanese proficiency is lower than mine, so) the B-side lyrics actually describes briefly how bad you were as a partner, and how kind and romantic the new guy is. Really, if I ever get to be her first and we broke up, I don't even mind if it's just me saying "Go out with me" and she says yes and two seconds later she says "Let's break up" lol Mocho please date with this piece of trash that is me haha)



THE PACKAGE
The first thing I found out about this is how compact and thin the package came in. I know I shouldn't be too worried since Japan knows how to take care of packages carefully as shown by that one photobook which came in a couple of weeks ago, but I still feel safer if you give me a bigger box with way more padding than I can hope to have. That, and I can re-use the cardboard box to temporary storage too hehe
Anyways, you might be interested in (since you read till here hehe) about what special gift bromide I got myself this time. To be frank? None of them stood out as good. Then again I'm sorry Mocho, but it's those eye bags of yours. (You have not been sleeping well, girl?) In this case, they were a major factor in deciding the final one. But also, close-ups are important so I started with all and ended up with the one from Gamers. (Not going to link it since the one shown above is clear enough?) As usual, it would take a shipping redirect before it'll reach me, which is why I'm letting it take its time. Hey, the benefits of a single released at the start of the month is that I have the rest of the month to review it, right? Haha
Opening it up, if you didn't immediately see how perfect that booklet's last page Mocho is you don't love her enough haha. Again, it's your full package of a CD, so even the CD sleeve got covered in beautiful paper which if you threw it away before seeing another Mocho inside you're an idiot lol. The CD is in a perfect shade of blue to, you know, blend in with the overall theme which is... her walking alone on the beach? It sounds plain but, I guess? At least the Cinderella part of walking without shoes is there...? Sure, Mocho.




SOMEONE GIVE ME A MAKING VIDEO OF HER SCREW-UPS haha we're not getting it here anytime soon. I guess I shall stop. Cya guys next time again, and hopefully real soon we can get another single or album to review that is not Mocho lol. No promises though seeing my Excel sheet of future music releases, but hey, if Anime can impress me again I can talk more Anime, why not. I just happen to not watch them. Doesn't mean I can listen to them. Refer to the Klassic Note 2013 compilation about Anime theme songs for examples. Until next time... continue to love Mocho, would you? Her CD sales aren't great I can still get the bromide 2 days after release date man...

P.S.
Perfection.
And if I need to say it again this photo frame is one of the best decisions I've made to put on my desk EVER hehe