Saturday 12 December 2020

The Pandemic Upturn Shopping Spree 2020 Edition: The Cheaper Option Part 2

*long sigh*

*shakes head*

*giggles*

Hey, I've got to go out with my friends which is a gathering in a while so let's just do a short one here.

Well, I promised myself the last time I did this, and I don't think I should anymore. Moreover, I don't even think I want to do posts like this again, just to show off what I have bought. Because seriously? I really just intended to do this at the end of tomorrow's Entertainment News and be done with it, but I guess I'll add a little more about what it is about... how to say, what it might feel like sweeping these up living in Japan. Trust me, those guys were trading bromides like they do Pokémon cards, and I don't even play those lmao ugh




Yeah, let's see it guys, I guess. UNBOXING!!! Haha gotcha

Must it always come in such a big box? Do they even know...

... it's only this much? And shipping can still be a flat rate? How are they earning money lol
(Oh, from people like me haha)

Yay Yocchan!! Not the nicest vase out there but I still like this now married woman

This is how you know this has been sold in not Suruga-ya before and re-sold again after it was bought
(FYI this one is 250yen, good deal here)

Another set of evidence placed inside the photo that this has been sold somewhere else before lol for FIFTY YEN?!!
(FYI this one, 300) (Dammit haha)

Shoutout to uh... "Mitsuyama Tomoyuki" and "Matsuoka Junpei" for contributing to my Naobou collection lol
(Probably fake names just like my name)

As you can see, and I'll not put the receipt up here again since I see no point, it's mostly because I saw a full listing of bromides from dear dear adorable lovingly cute Ibuki-chan (hehe), and tell me if I can resist to not buy her re-released photobook special bromides from that photobook I reviewed last year lol. So yeah, mostly that, and I caught up on certain trends like Marinka and my dear imouto Nan-chan on her recent appearance in magazine Seiyuu Grand Prix which... hey you didn't hear it wrong, I did buy it but not on physical, and I didn't intend to tell anyone about it. Well, besides my bro that's just for bragging rights lmao
To summarise, going down my list instead of the image above that will be (yes I like to make fun at their auto translations) 1 from Aoi Koga (Kohara Konomi mentioned about it before in her Instagram so yes I got lucky finding it), 2 from Marika Takano [Kouno Marika], 2 from Yoko Higasaki [Hikasa Youko] because I just want some symbolism from her lovely self back in the days for remembrance (lol she's not dead yet but she is married which is close), a colossal 10 from 木戸衣吹 [Kido Ibuki] because I think it's not listed in the international site since I saw this initially on the Japanese site which I suspect will also be purchasable here which is why this package, 1 from Rumi Okubo and 和氣あず未 [Wak Azumi] because Ookubo Rumi bromides are a rarity so I want them lol also Ajuju because they be so popular it was a miracle to spot this, 3 from Nao Higashiyama [Touyama Nao] because I've been thinking of her since I got that pamphlet, 1 from Rika Tachibana and finally 2 from 夏川椎菜 for the same reasons as 木戸衣吹 because they share many similarities like their overbearing cuteness and not actually listed in the international site, mostly the former hehe

Note: Searching from the Japanese site (which is now revamped thank goodness) and then using the item code (which generally in the format "GGxxxx" where x represents a number) to search in the international site. If you can understand some Japanese and found differences in stock then this is a reliable way to get stuff you missed until they fix that problem I guess.

On average this set is actually more expensive than the first time we shopped in Suruga-ya's international store despite the fixed rates of shipping and service charge: (1) Rika-sama be real expensive to buy bromides and will probably not drop because as you might have known they revived her fanclub which was closed due to her marriage announcement as things always do so you wonder why, and (2) I wanted to pad some Naobou bromides but they are also not cheap, but not as crazy as Rika-sama. But hey, Naobou, take this as compensation for buying your anniversary photobook even though I could've just seen it online by now with people loving you so much they have to share it with others haha. Another thing to note, that this order number of mine is 61122, compared to the last time I did it, which was 49037. They have been doing good business somehow hopefully not just people buying photos lmao they sell figurines there too




I'm done. Well, this is just the beginning, as since I'm taking the following Monday off, I think I know what I will be doing then, scanning all this up and putting them up... online for my personal pleasure- Maybe I should put it in a private cloud server haha I don't want to pay for the maintenance fees though lol. Somehow I love to do this too but honestly saying, I only bought these so that I can... place them by my side, uh, I mean, the photo frame on my desk. Yes, just the one. Love you Ten-chan hehe

P.S. If you like Kido Ibuki like me too be sure to drop by my Github Page where I demo an image gallery made my yours truly in JavaScript but also use these bromides as test data hehe hey it doesn't always have to be flowers or cityscapes

P.P.S. I guess in the next package coming I'll talk about some statistics concerning the stuff I bought throughout the year, from most expensive to most worth or my favourites, whichever I can list out. Probably doing only next year when I have that upcoming one (not this) shipped to my hands