Friday 25 June 2021

The Klassic Note Review 2021.06

Man, I miss giving two-track singles haha

Hey, didn't expect this to be happening too, but hey, I have a feeling we'll get to another one of SCANDAL's singles this year for each season so go figure. If you don't get this then just ask me what happened three months ago lol. Anyways, since I've actually given the single, I guess we should talk about it. Just this time around, we're getting emotional.




音楽 The Klassic Note Review
SCANDAL - Ivory [Single]
(From what looks like a windowsill, I think we have a clearer image compared to their previous single)

Origin: It's this world famous girls' rock band's 15th anniversary together, and to show how much they have grown from being just a band which has songs written for them to writing their own songs to even creating their own music and fashion label which is supported by millions of fans, they have come quite far a way. And after a strong first single, the girls probably sat down to think of the many years of emotions they have gone through, and came up with a song to touch hearts in these tough times. Let us see how they have achieved greatness yet again.

(1) Ivory
From first chorus:
"Floating and floating, in this dim world
Search and search, I also fumble
Swaying and swaying, with these swaying emotions
Slowly enjoying, and living (life)"
As you can hear the moment the vocalist starts after a mellow intro, yes we have lead guitarist and not usual vocalist MAMI-san on the vocals this time around, a super rare chance we will see that happen in their music library to be honest. Besides the obvious change of vocals, this song is also different in mood compared to their previous song, singing a song true to life, being real, and making us reflect in these rough times. Simplicity might be her best point as composer and lyricist of the band in recent years, and this one follows a similar style, with her singing totally in character to represent what it means to live. I must say initial impressions did hit me quite hard considering if I was not wrong I was rather happy at that time, and this song truly brought me down to their level. And that is how I know, this was a powerful song in depth. The only things I can complain is probably the lack of experience of MAMI-san as a singer because yes HARUNA can do better, but it's the uniqueness and the mood of this song which calls for the occasion to make it more unique than usual.
Rating: 4 stars (Peacefully Average)

(2) Ivory (Acoustic Ver.)
Yes so basically this is just MAMI on her guitar without everyone else and the studio level production, nothing but her. But hey, it's as good as it gets. Maybe a little on the sour side if you can get the feelings in it even deeper.


Summary: I can't emphasize how good they are over the years giving us great tunes to remember, and this will continue the trend as they continue to search for their image, and define to us what makes them them, 15 years into their formation. I would not recommend buying this single since it's not much, but what is much of this song one would not easily forget. Feeling for this single doesn't take much, and if you are already in the mood this song will not disappoint.


- Kaineng, on the Klassic Note

(Wow did I praise them too much? Hey with all the criticism I get on work I could be nice once in a while to others)


THE PACKAGE
Of course, you can see the overall package when I talk about it too, but I will show what specifically is in this CD of course. Well, don't expect much: It's the same as the last time we reviewed one of these.
So as you can see, not much right here. Normally I would have something to talk about like special gifts, where I got this from but all this seems rather irrelevant considering only the Limited Editions will come with merchandise which of course also cost money, and that it doesn't matter much because I take this as buying music, not buying whatever that comes along with it. So there you go, pure music affection and support right there, how little it is compared to their fanbase of course. Happy 15th anniversary, SCANDAL. *laughs*




So this shall be it. Coming right up will be a proper talk about the biggest package we'll probably be getting since that yearly Suruga-ya run which of course, isn't as packed as this one because we have some T-shirts to cover!! So yeah, see you on the other side I gotta model for this now somehow haha yeah this might be a first in my blogging career lol

P.S.
Thanks SCANDAL for all these years of songs. Take this once again, as small change for supporting you all these years.