Wednesday 9 August 2023

I don't think I will ever be able to go back to theatre, even if I'm surrounded by people I know or am even interested in romantically.

The entertainment industry in a nutshell, isn't it? *laughs* I just watched a musical rehearsal video (in Japanese, content not important) and am reminded on the days where I was 10 and was heavily involved in the kids performance ensemble in my area. My mom brought me in to build up my courage and despite my allegiance to faithfully attend the lessons and join in the activities for a good 3 years, I fell victim to the biggest obstacle I've yet faced back then in my life: love. Well, specifically acting with women, as I am to perform a piece which I recalled isn't romantic, but is with a female I think senior, whom I was interested in. I could not being my hetero male self to act my part, and I told my mom I want to quit and started to skip the weekly sessions. I have not admired live performances ever since.

I don't know, put Isobe Karin in when I was in that performance group and ask me if I want to quit again. *giggles*