Thursday 3 July 2014

The Klassic Note Review – 2014.07 Issue 1

I’m still thinking about how to do for this new site, so forgive me if things don’t look as aligned as the ones in the first few posts. And welcome to the new site to those who are still wondering where’s the real website.




音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Ikimonogakari – Rabusongu wa Tomaranai yo [Single]
Origin: We are all familiar with Ikimonogakari, for their many pop songs influence the Japanese music industry as a whole, aside from the idol groups that I rather not mention. Word of this single comes as early as the start of the year with the B-side “Niji” released as a digital single over iTunes. Six months later news finally arrived of the new single, signalling the start of their activity for the year.

(1) Rabusongu wa Tomaranai yo [Unstoppable Love Song]
(I chose to not change the Katakana to English in this case because it’s… not in English.)
Initial impressions of this song is not very high, but nevertheless it’s another great song as a whole. People have commented about the exclusion of the two other guys who are the composers for the group in the music video, but that is not really the point. It’s just another good song, and another way of remembering their efforts over the years. Romantic and straightforward, this song brings a direct message, if you ever think of what song to serenade to your partner. Hearing them with a new single is just great, and I’m so prepared, or to say I’ve already took out my wallet for their single already.
Rating: 4 stars (Average)

(2) Niji [Rainbow]
Since I’ve already heard this early this year, this also shows that I won’t have much of an opinion of this song, whether it’s through repeated listening or just because it’s a very good song. Lively and upbeat, their style flows through the entirety of this song, making it yet another addition to their song list. And mine too.
Rating: 4 stars (Average)

Conclusion: If you’re an Ikimono fan, you need to listen to this great single. If you’re not, they are good, so chance needs to be given to their pop style, especially it is what that fuels then over the years. Trust me, it’s a good single to listen to.

~Kaineng, on the Klassic Note

[P.S.: Will be doing up the CD review once I get my hands on it next week… perhaps. Aki-chan’s single of the same week will come by then, and hopefully I’ll be happy about the full songs then.]