Thursday 10 July 2014

The Klassic Note Review – 2014.07 Issue 2

Hi guys, welcome back. Yes, the point I’m here at this time of the week also means I cannot stand the wait till the weekend until I talk about how wonderful Aki-neechan’s new single is. So let’s get started before I forget my opinions now, which MAY be overly biased. I’ll try not to, yeah?



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Toyosaki Aki – Kanae Tamae [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition
(Don’t ask me why it’s this style, but she really is trying to be cool. Those 80s-mafia style you know. “Big Sister” image?)

Origin: Well we’ve all known Aki-neechan for a long time, ever since this voice actress started her singing career five years ago. Ok, at least I knew. But then her songs have not failed to disappoint. So far I’ve only rejected like… less than five of her songs? Five of her total two albums full of songs? She continues to stay strong this year, and after the previous single in March (review is at the old site) she comes back with another single, this time more bolder and more adorable. It’s all about love, according to herself.

(1) Kanae Tamae [Wish Come True]
This song proves to be promise from the start I heard it, because of its rock style in nature, back then when I heard the preview on her radio show. Until only recently then I got to hear from the PV (review is just the previous post) and noticed the song was overall pretty good. No overly decorated parts, and a solid rock tune, arranged by the infamous Theatre Brook (he’s a producer), as mentioned by her again. It’s really not bad, in my opinion.
Rating: 4 stars (Average)

(2) Tomato
What the single shows promise surprisingly (again) is the B-side, not the topic song. I was worried about it being a 5-minute song (problem is that longer songs “make more mistakes”) but this happy song, as mentioned by Aki-neechan (again) is really a great one, and the lyrics make a lot of sense in terms of love, like the English at the introduction is actually “Walking through life together”. Yeah. And the point that only the grandparents are mentioned means you just shouldn’t tell your parents about it, huh. Overall, the song makes of a happy, nice love song. And I like it. Actually I love it. And her, too.
Rating: 4 stars (Above Average)

Conclusion: If you loved Aki-neechan (she really would’ve made of a great sister), then you’ll love her even more after this single and the music video. If not, at least take the B-side. It sounds great, at least for a love song. Kudos to the composers who are, for once, trying NOT to spoil the songs! Yay!

~Kaineng, on the Klassic Note

[P.S.: Problem is the pre-order I’ve placed has come to a standstill. And it looks like it’ll take time before it will reach me, or even the forwarding service in Japan itself. The focus is that things are already stuck at the JAPANESE online store, which means I have little knowledge of what is happening. Really problematic, in my opinion. Well, worst is that I may have to cancel the pre-order to order from a familiar store like CDJapan or HMV Japan lor… *sob* Hope it doesn’t happen. *sob*]
[P.P.S.: Surprisingly for the B-side (2), the lyrics mention nothing of the title until one part, which is that ‘for you I’ll also eat the tomatoes that I hate’, which is not even 5% of all the words in the song. Also, translation on this page (this and the (1) song title) are not precisely accurate due to own translation knowledge plus Google Translate.]