Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Revolutionary Decision

I’ve came across many decisions in life, and I know you guys do too. But I’d just like to share one of them here, especially in the case of getting more CDs on my shelf. Not that it’s full (yet), but sooner or later it will. And it costs money. And I have to support them because it follows the review standard.

THE DECISION
In summary, Choucho’s new single “Natsu no Hi to Kimi no Koe” for Anime Glasslip will be out next week, or as early as this weekend. It’s not much, and I shall not talk about like as if I’m reviewing it here, but seeing its B-side is an insert song for the Anime too, chances are I’ll be giving the song too, which makes it ready to reach my home. But…

THE CONUNDRUM
But that may also go against the standards for me ordering CDs. (Audience: Eh?? How so?) Well because it has the Anime that has a CD cover. See, over the past few years there have been many singers that are signed under Anime music companies which are under major labels, like Aniplex under Sony Music Japan and Starchild under King Records. Thus so, the songs, though not sung by the Anime characters themselves, have been considered in the Anime genre in many, especially when they start to have the Anime as their covers. The problem here for me is, because my standards till now is that anything with an Anime cover will most likely won’t land on my shelf because it is not counted as a mainstream release, due to its origins. So NOW I may have to lower the standard a little to accept those covers too.

THE PAST CASES
Because past incidents involving those which have Anime covers have not been under review (ie. not all songs are in the list) or just purely in the Anime genre that I can just exclude them (character songs, theme song singles) definitively. If you don’t understand, I’ll make it simple. Current standard for Klassic Note now is that Anime theme songs, not Anime cover, it’s in. But Anime theme songs, Anime cover (which normally will not pass the standard), means it’s out.

THE IMPACT
That is if I press the button for Choucho’s single, I’ll also be allowing many singles to be accounted for this year. Namely many previous singles I’ve excluded, the latest being the theme songs for Anime Isshuukan Friends. Kon Natsumi’s latest single has an Anime cover, and it’s… fully and thoroughly listened to. This and Choucho’s single are going to change the idea and perception of standards of approval in Klassic Note, especially five years ago this is not the case.

 

 

 

So how? I guess I may have to approve, but Rome isn’t built in a day, not so say my shelf of CDs. But of course if two can tango, then I may just have to give the thumbs up for both. Then also I have to browse through previous years to see if I missed anything (likely not many) when this new rule takes effect. Well, if it ever happens that I DO approve them, you guys are going to see a long preview next week. (I haven’t reviewed Kon Natsumi’s single, have I?) (*Browses through old site*) (Yeah I haven’t) Have a nice day. My week is going very well.

[P.S.: Chapter 12 is under way. Don’t ask how much. No loading screen or status bar here.]