Friday 22 August 2014

The Klassic Note Review – 2014.08 Issue 1

Likely also the only issue.

Oh and looks like I still have time. Lest I forget or most importantly, forget the impression I had from last week, let’s get started.



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Amamiya Sora – Skyreach [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition Anime Edition
(Seriousness doesn’t look like a virtue of hers to me. I prefer her smile.)

Origin: She is the one. Well, I mean that by touching on her voice acting career. Being one of the few infamous Japanese voice actors (seiyuu) of the year, starting with Fujimiya Kaori from Anime “Isshuukan Friends.” (I watched that one) and now starring also as a main character in Anime “Akame ga Kill” (I didn’t watch that one, and her voiced character is the one in the Anime Edition album art), and with many main roles for her in this year’s Anime list, she is doing very well. Also of MusicRay’n descent (auditions like the members of voice actor group ‘sphere’) she is the second batch under the SonyMusic Japan label, along with two I guess I shouldn’t even bother mentioning here. Point is that her solo music career has taken off, and I’ve taken a listen to it. And it’s damn good for debut single, really. I guess with her voice, she will do well…

(1) Skyreach
Written by one of those who writes lyrics for ‘sphere’, and a melody so catchy even not watching the show makes you imagine how intense this song could be already. Honestly, she should dance to this song. On stage. Soon. Because her music video is rather disappointing, showing the usual idol fanservice of herself and… more of herself. Nevertheless, this is an upbeat song with plenty of energy, and I’m already moving to it already. You should too.
Rating: 4 stars (Above Average)

(2) Yumesora [Dream Sky?]
Haha I termed this as ‘the late Isshuukan Friends ending song’ because it is like a perfect replacement for it. Why sing a Sukima Switch cover song? Isn’t this great? And a little too late? Even so, she has done well on this song too, though the melody may defer from the usual style for this type of song. Still, it has impact, and makes you want to be with her for this song. Like, watch the sky with her or something like that. She is full of dreams, and this song has it all.
Rating: 4 stars (Average)

Conclusion: I was from sceptical to interested to thrown off by the time I took a listen and ordered the CD. If you like an impactful song or two, this is one single to listen to. Even if you do not know her, her voice with such an impact will definitely get you interested.


THE PACKAGE
I took it from Aniplex+, probably an Anime counterpart for Sony Music Japan, the major label it is under, which makes it the most direct source. (Yeah it’s complicated, I know) It didn’t take long to reach me, due to the swift delivery forwarding I switched to just two months ago. And the package? I was more than satisfied. The box that came to me with just one CD is big enough to put a dozen books in. In it is wholesome hard paper wraps covering the usual bubble wrap packaging. Seriously an overkill, but that is what I call ‘protection’.

The images? Isn’t this the one? Not this one? That one? What? The one in the middle?



You’ll get to see it this weekend, so I’m not showing it here. (Audience: Cheh…)

[P.S.: If you want me to compare this single to something recent… it’s sooo much better than Tomacchan’s latest single? Seriously wondering if they almost wrote this single for her but shifted to Amamiya-chan…]

[P.P.S.: APoL Chapter 12 this weekend. Promise. By the way, it wasn’t easy doing the chapter on the train today, you know…]