Wednesday 1 October 2014

The Klassic Note Review – 2014.10 Issue 1

If my calculations aren’t wrong *looking at Mina-chan’s 2nd album*, this will be the only issue. The numbering is just in case.

***SPECIAL ISSUE! A SHORT CASE STUDY ON NANO.RIPE!! MORE BELOW!***
Let’s start, shall we?



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
negoto – Ammonite!/Tasogare no Rhapsody [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition
[Yes, if you have noticed, it’s a double A-side single. Without any credits. And I’m glad I (as usual) took the Regular Edition.]

Origin:
I’m not unfamiliar with negoto, the non-mainstream girls’ rock band which is slowly gaining fame in recent years after they celebrated their 5th year of formation last year on their second album. I’ve followed them for years since 2011 when I heard them in the NANO-MUGEN COMPILATION of the same year. Ever since, the years in progress have not been disappointing. I’ve came close to getting their single when they released their previous double A-side single “Lightdentity/Re:myend!”, which unfortunately did not meet the strict requirements that is Klassic Note. Fortunately, after this year and their mini-album I’m so hyped up after listening to the two new songs I’m so ready to give the thumbs up! Their eccentric style with a vocal-keyboardist will leave you interested!

(1) Ammonite!
This was first heard from one of the live performances on video months ago before this was released, and I’m not absolutely impressed, like with most of the songs I hear from them. But then there’s this special style of rock they possess along with the small portion of electronic music making this song sound outstanding not long after. And not to forget the lyrics represent a love song, which also explains the use of the song title, if you get what I mean.
The music video also represents a different way of expression of the song, along with the many music videos I’ve seen from back then in 2012. And surprisingly I actually believe that most of the locking and popping actions are done by the members themselves, which is rather impressive in my opinion. Covering themselves from shame, this should be one of those bold videos I’ve seen them in. Overall, it may not be an impressionable song, but it’ll leave you humming its tune soon enough. At least, for me.
Rating: 4 stars (More Than Average)

(2) Tasogare no Rhapsody [Rhapsody of Twilight]
It all started with the music video. Much like the previous song, but this time the impressions of the song strengthened even before I finished listening to the song the first time it appeared in the music video. The melodic is solid, and the lyrics are scenic. What more do I need to say to make you just to listen at least once, just in case you end up listening to it more? I can say little about this song, but if that’s the case means it’s great.
Rating: 4 stars (Above Average)

Conclusion:
If negoto has a competition amongst themselves, this single release takes it all. Other than that, I cannot expect to give you the best of J-Rock, but I can make  you expect the best of negoto, if you haven’t got impressed by them yet. Go take a listen somewhere, would you? (Because due to copyright reasons I can never show you the PVs)

THE PACKAGE
I took it via pre-order, so getting it a week later would be good enough. And I made a fuss of NOT wanting the special gift due to the fact I do not see eye to eye to some of the member’s faces, but that was okay because I literally waited for it to expire.


Moreover, a sudden surprise got me when I opened the booklet:
The gift is the best of the best, the cream of the crop, it’s Sachiko, the vocalist! Awesome… I’m pleased.

DO A REVIEW ONE MORE TIME!

音楽 The Klassic Note Review
nano.RIPE – Toumei na Sekai [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition
[Personally also I’m glad I have (as usual) the Regular Edition. Really, not because of the skirt. It’s the art. Really.]

Origin:
This is why I need to do up a long history to thank them later.

THE ORIGIN
It all started with a new Anime which is less interesting than the theme songs themselves, “Glasslip”. Ignoring the storyline (which, if you followed the Entertainment News, would know my impressions of the show), the theme songs are nothing but impressive, especially when I got an audio preview of the topic song. Since then I’ve embarked a journey to find more of this rock that I feel great about, reaching as far as their first album for other songs. Now, I formally support them and thank them for their contribution to Klassic Note by accepting the last song (which I will state later) and giving them the credit. Congrats, nano.RIPE! You’ve made your presence( known. Now I may have to give 5 stars for one of the songs already…

(1) Toumei na Sekai [Transparent World]
If they did for the Anime, they also did a lot for themselves. The song may have a longer origin to since when I heard it, but this song stirs more than emotion in me. Back than (two months ago) when this was the only song I was listening to, I can almost feel the emotion in the song. You may be deterred by the high pitch cute-sounding vocals that is Kimiko, but if you get through – probably the hardest part – of the song, you’ll know that the substance within is more to be felt. And I felt it, all the way.
The music video is also a depiction of the mood of the song, where there’s this crazy girl trashing stuff in a room (reminds me of Yocchan last year when she literally “ripped” the toy bear), all but one, before stopping. It’s that something that is treasured that is the essence of this song, despite the “transparency” that is within this song. See through this song, and you’ll probably love it.
Rating: 4 stars (5-stars Pending)

(2) Zettaichi [Absolute Value]
The other song that I decided to listen to that rocked my world for almost a month. As always I fancy an awesome instrument melody, and this song did the best of that requirement. Despite the song itself being less than spectacular, overall it was an impressive four minutes that will leave you remembering the song again and again. If there’s a B-side song that needs an award, this tops that chart.
Rating: 4 stars (5-stars Pending; fighting with (1) for it)

(3) Fault Finder
Why this the last one? Well besides it being the third and last track of the list, you know I normally will just give it a miss, but not anymore. Back then (two months ago) when I said to myself “take this or (2), the guitarist or the vocalist”, I think I regretted my decision. Another period of moodiness brings me back to them and this song, written by the vocalist herself. Though simple and short, this song has it’s own attitude. Being critical, there’s something in the lyrics that saw something that what we may not see, and this in itself (if you understand) is admirable. And aspiring composers who write songs once in a while should be commended, right?
Rating: 4 stars (Average)
Conclusion:

THE PROCEEDINGS
After this single, I ventured out to find more of their songs, most notably in the live video footage I managed to watch out of the Limited Edition (though I do not possess it) version of the single, involving their third album live performance. It was great. Just like any other rock band, theirs was awesome. Many songs strike me as familiar melodies, but some are outstanding, mostly from their latest 3rd album which was released back at the start of the year. I gave a song or two, and felt that wasn’t enough.

THE RESOLVE to THE REVIEW (THE PACKAGE)
And then I said to myself “I must give nano.RIPE and their latest single another chance”, and I took a short journey back, aligned with a low moment of my school days, and yeah, I finally felt it. It’s so… indescribable, this feeling of listening to the high-pitch voice over a series of common, mainstream rock melodies. It’s just so great. The melodies are so intuitive, the lyrics are so meaningful… I suddenly felt more than what my initial impression of them was, from as little as nothing. And thus, the single arrived, and I must thanks again, nano.RIPE, for your efforts to J-Rock, and more importantly, to Klassic Note.




I tell you, last month was as emotional as it was exciting. With these two singles, I happily end the month, hopefully seeing more this month. But unfortunately, it has not been impressive, yet. But never mind, this kind of boom doesn’t happen every time. But when it comes, I become so enthusiastic that I must share my experience time after time with you guys. Hoped you guys have noticed a thing or two to go search it out yourself, and you may just like either or even both of those rock styles. See you next issue, whenever it’ll be.
[P.S.: APoL will be officially delayed until… I have no mood to write it. You get it? The next chapter needs a particularly low mood to write it…]