Thursday 27 November 2014

The (Intentional) Near Miss

Hi guys. And I don’t know why I’m here anyway. Fancy me b***ching about when I can… ok let’s get to it.

THE NEWS
I was overjoyed. Supposedly it’s the first time I had a first-hand information of an artist I know performing in Singapore (that’s because they’re mostly Japanese), and what is more is not on concert, means no tickets required to listen to music! It’s Rie fu-san on her first gig in Singapore! Like, what I’ve been waiting for! But even if I said I will go if anyone I know ever comes here to perform…

THE IDEAL
Why should I go? Well for first, I’ll be able to listen to her new songs of her album, which also feature a song about Singapore, which sounds great by the way. Also, it’s cheap compared to actually getting into a concert, as I can just support the artist through a direct donation.I might also be able to request songs I’d like to hear, or even more, talk to her in person! I guess that’s what’s good about a gig compared to just a concert where buying tickets is tougher than getting to talk to the artist. Yeah.

And the circumstances are appropriate. Today I have an exam (I know, condolences to me) and it being in the afternoon means I can just go after the paper, in the evening. And I can just hang out with my friends before that anyway. I can settle my own dinner too, for it is not taken care of by the family today.

THE PROBLEM
The problem… is with me.

Really.

Why so? Well. Just thinking about me makes me too excited, and such enthusiasm makes me… somewhat unable to sleep. I suppose it’ll work for those outdoorsy people, but not for me. And that’s not the only problem. Also in the way is me fundamentally not getting out of the house, especially when I’m outside. ALONE.

And yes seeing that it is a gig means it’ll be in a cafe or some sort (well intense research isn’t necessary), which means spending money on secondary items besides hearing her performance, which requests lightly for a donation to support the artist. Furthermore, she is selling her album there too, which means it’ll look stupid for one (who abides by the rules in Klassic Note) to not buy the release. Well, it wouldn’t be cheaper than the online price anyway, if you do the calculations. Also I just…

Overall. I’m a wimp. Yeah. And the main concerns are me not used to going outdoors so I can just go for her gig, and also… because I have no balls. I don’t dare to. Too bad.

Maybe next time, yes? Honestly saying, me feeling bad about it and typing this much really means that I’m “not prepared yet” for such things. Even if it may just happen two years ago in AFA 2012 with sphere. And last year with SID. And today. Yes. How much I have missed as a fan. Why…

[P.S.: On a better note, my package will be arriving tomorrow, also the review. And I’ll not miss it to make it next week. Maybe just to comfort myself for not going out for liking the music. Haiz…]

[P.P.S.: Not that impactful because I feel so bad writing about it. If you need more… actually don’t even ask for it. I shouldn’t be doing this.]