Sunday 6 March 2016

The Entertainment News 2016 Edition Issue #10

Wow, I'm spending some time actually understanding US elections. Even though I have no business with it. At all. Thanks CrashCourse, you make education easy. The link is not supported by either political party. Period.

Okay, let's get to the REAL entertainment for this week lol

アニメ
ANIME
Assassinaton Classroom S2: Well this episode we focus on Nagisa. And what is of him in the future. Funny thinking about this when you have to kill an octopus in four months time, but Nagisa actually thought of being an assassin. And yes, killing the mother who is a bitch is not an option. Koro-sensei dressing as the teacher is obviously weird (and it will get even more weird if the real one meets the mother), but then the mother of course, like many other parents, must learn how to let go. Having kids in the only investment in life that doesn't guarantee returns. Not even interest. So on that, you guide, you assist, but you don't interfere. Just like with stocks. And hope someday you'll know that the kid will pay it back to you. Well, in this case Nagisa might just do that, because if Koro-sensei is killed by the class I guess you can pay back the mother in any amount lol
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi: Dammit I forgot who's that girl from the last scene of this episode!
Oh well, let's talk about everything else first. This episode Satoru saved Kayo-chan, so that is good news. The grandmother is brought into the equation to have a better than bad ending, which is a good touch to this show, and yes I teared up at some point. Thanks to the teacher, Satoru gets help covering this potential kidnapping and child murdering, but not the other two which will also appear within this era. Hiromi is well within his reach (I'm slightly confused when the subtitles wrote "I'm a man" lol) as a friend, but that Aya-chan is not. And if I didn't remember wrongly, that girl in the last scene is meant to stop this from progressing. But then we're not far from the ending, so surely this is easier than the first one Satoru has to prevent from happening, right? Yeah, hopefully the other friends in his group are not there to stop this detective group from moving on the crime prevention.
Dagashi Kashi (last weeks?): I'm already confused because apparently licensing has caused the latest episode to not go through the rest of the world. Damn. Seriously man. What the heck is wrong with this-
Okay, the episode. Less about sweets (which may be a good thing IMHO), we have a lot of slice-of-life. Starting with horror stories. Avoiding a typhoon, the kids stay indoors for some... okay Sayashi is already freaking out, Kokonotsu-kun sucks at understanding horror logic (there is no logic in horror stories anyway), and Tou-kun sucks at telling them too. Coming from a sweet which had that many stories which are fake, I'm sure I'll never need to get scared of them because I don't. I don't think like Kokonotsu-kun BTW, but I just don't. (Because I believe in BLEACH lol) Kendamas aren't a thing with boys and once again we proved that Sayashi has plenty of talent that could get her in a circus troupe, and... fortune-telling really exists. The miracles do happen. In Anime, of course. I mean, it's not like we get to see panties of girls as and when we want to, right??

You know what? I believe it. In miracles. And I have been in a few. That is why I do. *giggles*

SHOWS
MythBusters: This is it, huh. Last episode. (Well not really; I'll explain later) 14 years, and probably I've not seen everything that these people gone through. And we're at the end. But of course all things must come to an end, and we don't have to question the reason(s) for it. Still, you must see how many times I tear up already. It's probably enough to do that myth that requires tears too. See? They've done everything already. And as truly as many have said, they have inspired the rethinking of the scientific method. At least I know I have. I've not done this much in my life yet, but still. It has channelled the thinking. And that is good to all.

Let's talk about the Grand Finale episode first (if that is not the first thing you watched first then... oops), shall we? Adam, the great decision maker of MythBusters, decided to send off this show in the best way possible. First, with the biggest use of slow motion cameras. Well, not much when you can only see a fireball and not things flying apart (actually would've been better with Jamie's recommended C4 haha) but that's okay. They decided to send Buster, that sacrifice we never remember to thanks for on this show, the best possible way. And yes, it's to strap moneys worth of rockets on it to send it beyond the speed of sound. It literally disintegrated after hitting a wall. (Wow what a way to make him die lol) Sad, but then again for the last time I will say to it, "Sorry, Buster." Last but not least, we have the much-requested cement truck blowup (and as I said just now if this one is max on ANFO then the first one could've used high explosives instead), and I know I'm satisfied. I'm not the one to ask for replays because the original one can never beat this one in anyway, (as they always say "failure is not an option") but still, it will satisfy all.

The reunion episode (I don't know if it is) aired shortly after that, and it's great to see the five of them together. Talking about their worst times and best times, it's good to know people are genuinely excited for experiments as the fans do despite being on camera for entertainment and science, and that the worst thing in this world is to deal with law enforcement. Which also explains why the most amount of explosives used on this show was 5001 pounds of ANFO. Probably also the most they can allow lol. Anyways, this show has done wonders, has saved lives for the people who watched it, and has inspired many to pursue the scientific method. If it's not Archimedes then MythBusters, who else?

P.S. Next week (or actually, tomorrow) I'll cover the special episode as mentioned (which is about Duct Tape apparently!), and that will really be the last of this show. RIP MythBusters. May you come back again that is not repeated telecast or even worse, change of cast.

P.P.S. Jamie could've waited for another year to disband this group. 15 years of MythBusters would have been better than 14 years. *sob* (Guess he ran out of money. Or patience lolol)

音楽
This Week on Klassic Note
Hmm... I have not decided. And that is bad in many ways. I've rejected Silent Siren's new album in favour of SCANDAL's new album, so you can see what difference it takes for my preference of music. But even then it's not by much, as besides the songs the girls promoted I didn't give any new songs from the list, which means I only gave two. Mina-chan's new single finally got my vote to not be accepted into my shelf because of the B-side, and I can even see why just looking at the song lengths, not that it represents much. Or maybe I'm just sceptical about it. Whatever. amazarashi's new album turned out to be a great review, but then I gave less of a compliment than I ever gave the first song I heard from them last year, which I must say is a good song. But still, I managed to sift out their two topic songs from the first single and this release itself, which is quite an achievement here in Klassic Note. I do that all the time haha. Primary's new mini-album is under my sight again, and thus I decided to give a song or two now that it comes by again. (I swear it definitely passed by last year, but I was reluctant to give it) The problem I'm stuck now is with ClariS' new concept album. I mean, they are all pretty good. The bad news is that they are all very average. I'm stuck between two songs, in whether to give or not to give. Well. I'll decide by tonight. And if I cannot... there's always next week. Or maybe I should just push till next week again. *sigh* I'm becoming more indecisive generous year after year, seriously.

Next week brings the long-awaited Yoru no Honki Dance major debut album, which no doubt will stir some chaos in Klassic Note in how many songs I can give these guys. We shall see. My bet is not much lol.


This is it then. I feel like this week has been... unfulfilled. Well, it's a term break, and it'll get worse two weeks later when this happens again. Goddamn E-learning week. Until next time... I hope you're doing your work. Or schooling. I know I'm not. *laughs* Ah. Maybe I shouldn't laugh this much.

[P.S.: As promised, there's only Tomacchan this week, so there it is.

I wish to put in Mina-chan, but she'll get in the way. She can take the next two weeks haha]