Tuesday 31 May 2016

The Klassic Note Review 2016.05 Issue 2

Hey. It's been some time. This week I'll be focusing on my recent orders, but then again due to reasons that I might as well not elaborate (goddamn forwarding services lol) I shall review them separately. Yes. Both are from the same artist TrySail. But first up, we shall review one that has been out there three months already, but has only recently been on the list. Read more to know why, and more.



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
TrySail - whiz [Single]
Limited Edition Anime Limited Edition Regular Edition
(Honestly I like close-ups, but not as close as the Anime Edition one lol. And yes, the incomplete white border was dumb because it doesn't have symmetry to the booklet or the back of the case)

Origin: I think here at least, we're not unfamiliar with TrySail. I have done two single reviews already, and recently just last week they have released their first full album (which is not the other release I'm going to review anyway) and it wasn't bad. But then if their singles are great then that's enough. Because it'll be on my shelf anyways. Their 3rd single is also Anime credited, and the single itself, considering three months ago and when I got it now... I think it's a good release. Hey, cute girls singing cute songs... what more do you want?

(1) whiz
This. The deal breaker. Hey, if you don't like cute songs then this might not be for you. Otherwise, bask in the awesomeness that is in this pop melody, and man the chorus is real addicting. Well, at least, back in three months ago. I haven't heard any preview of it before that, and first impressions are great and more than positive, which is good. The music video stars them in a (CG) world of cakes and them making it, which makes of great fanservice compared to the previous MV. Seriously, if you can still recall. The song overall is great, and I have no comments about the bridge part of the song, and that means this is a must-listen.
Rating: 4 stars (Cutely Above Average)

(2) Baby My Step
Yes, this was the one that stopped me from giving this release back then in February. I don't remember much of reason why I didn't give it, but according to 2.99 Stars Survey (the one for last year is around somewhere) I quote from myself "about half the song I do not like", which serves as good reason to give up the song entirely. But then maybe it's because of the many "babies" there are in the chorus that is deterring me away, or maybe it's listening it again and giving it with context to their album is making this sound better than usual. And yes, I have heard this a couple more times than I have to. But still, this is a decent song, and it's more fanservice in the lyrics compared to the previous single (and that's good hehe), so I shouldn't complain. Time does make songs sound good, yes?
Rating: 4 stars (Very Cutely Average)

Conclusion: Overall this release is an expected now, because I regret not giving it three months ago. I cannot think of a barrier that will stop you listening to three girls singing these cute songs, so don't restrain yourself like I do and just give them a chance, yes? I'm hooked to the B-side too right now, and I can see them making of great songs to sing in live performances which we will no doubt be able to see more soon now their album is out and the Anime festivals are clearly slated for the second half of the year. Take a listen to... listen for yourself. *laughs*


THE PACKAGE
I guess this is as much as I can expect, huh. Lol I guess considering I've been doing this for like, four years and counting already. But inside the booklet is something more interesting than just what's on the surface.
Boom! The good: the longest booklet image I can find ever. Well, even though it's like three, but this looks great, isn't it? But then, the bad: the lyrics when you close it up, which surprisingly looks bad due to bad colour contrast and very small font. Seriously. I'm squinting in order to read the lyrics to fast-paced songs. It's so small, I doubt you can see anything else but a white piece of paper in this image below.



That's it for today. Likely by the weekend I'll  get my hands on (you guessed it) their latest single which took a longer way round (the above was from HMV Japan, which has direct mail services) so I'll have to wait. I thought I could clear them by the month, but looks like you guys will get another review from me some time soon, I guess. Cya guys soon, and until then... don't lick my images, yes?