Tuesday 5 July 2016

The Klassic Note Review 2016.07 Issue 1

Hey, guys. As promised, I'm here with one of two (later this week) reviews of Tomacchan's past singles, and it's not because I'm going to do reviews for all the releases that I have on my shelf from before 2013 and such, but it's from her best albums which are released like, two week ago. Be sure to check that out to find out how I even got to this in the first place. Okay, let's move on.



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Tomatsu Haruka - Nagisa no SHOOTING STAR [Single]
Limited Edition Regular Edition
(I mean, Tomacchan in a pool is great and all, but there's no water and I prefer close-ups. She didn't button her pants too hehe)

Origin: Well, should I introduce her? I mean, if you know Anime you definitely have heard her somewhere. This voice actress is a talent in herself as she casts and especially sings in many Anime including the likes of Sword Art Online and many other cheesy romance Anime you guys probably won't watch haha. Nonetheless, this is back then her third year in the making of her solo singing career, and as one of her company's pioneers (you can go check; she started before the other sphere girls) the idea of a summer song definitely came into mind. And thus this single. Too much summer, you think she didn't show enough skin. Ignoring the fact that this review is done nearly six years since its release, this is still quite a release considering how purely summer lively she was in this release.

**Note: The title translations below take into consideration Japanese-English grammar structure, and thus are represented in brackets. Go read more about translation with a Google search to know more.

(1) Nagisa no SHOOTING STAR [Shooting Star Of (The) Beach]
Wow, this song. As mentioned above, so summer, considerably the start of many other summer songs within Klassic Note. I mean, there's YUI and all (still the best BTW), but Tomacchan's sunny image is perfect, don't you think? The song is simple enough without typical faults (bridge, verses etc.), and apparently has a separate person who (probably) thought of the chorus (first) for this song to sound this great. It definitely did spur some thought about being able to be credited just by contributing a tune of a song chorus. Hey, that's creativity right there. Kudos to the guy who wrote the rest of the song lol, but then the lyrics also compliment a summer song very well. Furthermore, the music video strengthens the image of the song and the summer season, and yes those quirks and that chorus dance I have not forgotten. I just... don't know how to dance that's all. And because I can back in 2010, it deserved some recognition as one of the best summer songs in my list of all time.
This was still in my archives. I wish(ed) I was one of the dancers haha
Rating (from 2010): 5 stars (Summer Awesome)

(2) Hoshi no Stage [Star Of (The) Stage]
Hmm, let's talk about how this song became a stopping point for this long before it got on the list just last week. Whilst reviewing this single I have thought of a lot about why I didn't give this song six years back. Honestly saying, the first thing I can think of that deters me away from this is probably the horns (which are credited in the booklet, that's why I know) and that it sounds too broadway. And that's probably diminished through the years as I got to hear more of such tunes, and considering that the melody of the song isn't bad and with the previous song it didn't sound weird as a whole, I actually decided to give this time around. Ranking within one of the two best albums, this song actually brought of much recognition amongst the fans too. It's as if the fans want me to give chance to this song, and sure I did. The melody wasn't much of an obstacle, but then Tomacchan singing in a higher octave sure sounds abnormal, and yes, we now know how she sounds like on stage. Like, if given the stage within a song. Hey, there's part "getting the boys in" in the lyrics, so don't blame me here, okay?
Rating: 4 stars (Slightly Above Average)

Overall: Well I must say this belongs to one of the releases that I definitely missed, and I'm here to make it up to Tomacchan, especially. If this summer you have no music on your head, how about stuff your dirty minds of a lot of Tomacchan and dance along with her? With songs written for her this well, there's no way you can stay away from it. Give it a try, and said I sent you.

-Kaineng, on the Klassic Note


THE PACKAGE
Firstly, the ranting. Because I don't want to do it next issue. This was supposed to come with the other single I had planned to give just the next day I want to order this, and yes I totally forgot I could make it happen and it was all too late. What I got is a whole lot of waste of money and a lot of waiting because now I have to do them separately. Combined with the fact that my cousin wants to batch order with me, I could've helped him save some more money too. Haiz, still very regretful till today. It's been a week already. Well, the me last week was pretty dumb. Hope I have awakened. This month is going to be hell if I don't.
The CD is a lemon~
Anyways, back to the CD. It isn't much considering I have not gotten any special photo because I have never pre-ordered it, and that getting through the auction website is not an option anymore, but still, a lot of belly shots (not as much as Limited Edition I guess), and that back in 2010 should be enough for satisfy our tastes. Hey Tomacchan, didn't know you'd get to what you are today...?
Personally, the inside shot was the best. (Audience: ?!!) No, I mean the booklet, okay? The image inside the booklet!! Damn, you sickos... You don't get to see them, as a punishment.


This is it then, and until next time which is probably about Friday (estimated)... why not give a listen to Tomacchan's best albums? Yes, both of them. I want to buy them but I have no money. Besides, Klassic Note dictates I shouldn't do so too. But damn, I want to see those new music videos...

P.S. My cousin likes SCANDAL (and so am I, and so should you) and he - like many others who value their money - only buy albums, so yes. Well he asked it like, three months ago not long after their latest album release, so this took some time haha. Sorry bro, I even forgot to help you save more money by bringing in two singles because I can and I didn't. I'm sorry!

P.P.S. Maybe I'll take some shots with my phone on the SCANDAL album?? Haha we shall see.