Thursday 9 March 2017

The Klassic Note Review 2017.03 Issue 2

And yes, as mentioned, I'm here. I wished it would come yesterday, but still. I know there's work, and they might as well deliver it during the weekend instead, but!!! I can't wait for the weekend, so... *laughs*
(Let's get this over with, yes?)



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Yuuki Aira - Pale Moon ga Yureteru [Single]
(I mean, I didn't have a choice. Then again, I don't have to. This cover looks great! More on why I think so below.)

Origin: This actually doesn't have much of an origin... but I'll start with the Anime she is credited first. This comes in a long line of Anime artists I like to give provided the show is also good (exceptions do apply), and this one fits right up my alley. I won't say how good it is, but it isn't bad. Simple melodies and lyrics probably is the best catch for this release and Yuuki Aira's voice right here, which seemed perfect for the Anime itself. More on that later, but yes, this is an Anime associated release, because both tracks are used credited in the show in some way. Being the ending theme and also the insert song release, this release itself already has potential, not to say that it's still good.
(Trivia: She's 35 this year. Yeah. No wonder you don't see her on the cover lol)

(1) Pale Moon ga Yureteru [Pale Moon (Is) Wavering]
I promise to keep it short for the Anime and talk a lot more of the song itself. For the Anime, it fits the tension of every episode, giving us a really relaxed feel of how quiet songs should sound like, and it sounds... pretty good in general. This song also gives off the vibes of a sad tune, if you can relate later in the show of the dancer in the animation being of great importance, and of much meaning. The song itself is simple in melody, and impressive as a preview. I'm slightly displeased (I say it in the nicest way possible) by the way some parts of the song are done, but other than that it's your usual Anime theme song. Good, but not good enough. Hey, good is good enough for me. Also, one of those songs I'll listen in a cold, dark night. Not that the moon or this song title has got to do with it.
Rating: 4 stars (Average)

(2) It's my life
I bring everyone to one episode of an Anime, and even if you didn't watch it, is also staple of every other Anime: flashbacks. And this one fits the mood well. (Spoilers ahead) In episode 8 of the Anime brings a sad yet tragic flashback of the death of parents (the woman on the cover is one of them), and combined with the ending theme song above, probably is the best concoction for tear dropping down anybody's face. On the other hand, this song is quite lively, quite blissful in feeling, and quite like an ending never before heard. You know as the curtain draws down in whatever occasion? This feels totally like it. The lyrics may not give enough of the feel, but they do express the feelings of life, of love, of what life should be. Hey, it ties back beautifully with the show once again. I urge you to watch this show and experience this insert song with me, and I promise; It's something to feel in life. And I mean it in the nicest way possible, this song. Generally thinking more slurs and such on her part may make this song sound a whole lot better, but hey, I don't do the lyrics.
Rating: 4 stars (Above Average)

Conclusion: If it's for the Anime, I don't see why you shouldn't get hold of this release in some way already. On the other hand, the songs in this release are easy to give yet hard to love, and that is staple of Anime theme songs which give off the vibe of incomplete works. Ignore the flaws, and this release probably is not far behind everyone else good.

-Kaineng, on the Klassic Note


THE PACKAGE
Okay, first things first. Because I took a different approach to get what I wanted, I guess I should talk about it. I tried one of the many buying services there is online now (forwarding services are sooooo yesterday) (btw it's called SMAOKU) because they can buy it for you, but I tell you it's not going to come cheap. Then again, I'm paying quite a sum compared to the previous release *wink* I just got my hands on last week, so I shall not talk about it too much. On the other hand, the box is big (which makes shipping cost A LOT due to its dimensions), there's a lot of padding, and that gift card which looks exactly like the cover is totally safe. I also like the passive ad flyers they put in the package (you don't get that if you do forwarding) (just saying) which I looked up, probably also not far off the prices of what I'm using today.
On other things, you can find Yuuki Aira's face. At the back (not shown) and behind the disc. And no, I'm not here to look at images of her lol


This is truly a wonderful release, but I would say Sayuri is better somehow, that is why I did not hold my breath for this release. Then again, it's on the shelf for a reason. Took me a couple of days before I decide to give them, but still. Cya guys then, and next time... who knows if we'll get another issue this month? No promises there though, but I hear 96neko and her new single is pretty good and is already out digitally. We'll see. It still counts as pre-order if I give it over the weekend haha