Tuesday 2 July 2019

The Announcement, and The Stats

Happy 5 years anniversary, blog. *laughs*

...

As you might have known, I'm moving on. Always happens over here in my blogs unless you're Windows 10 but I'm not, so yeah. I'm doing this mainly to preserve the content here and also to make searching of media content and posts easier on the back end. So yeah, mostly it's for me haha




THE PLAN
Unlike previous moving of blogs, I will be migrating the whole place from this current instance to a new one, keeping the name and everything within and then ditching the current one which will now be archived. You will still be able to access using the same URL (the link I will provide when we get to the other side), but suffice it to say the layout here and ALL CONTENT WILL TRANSFER so there will be no need to change websites when clicking on links. All posts that I've been writing for the past 5 years will remain. The only things that will change are at the back end in terms of images loading, but you won't even see it.


WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU
Nothing will happen to you the reader, to be frank. All will look EXACTLY THE SAME (I will assure that from Day 1, and if not the following weeks and months) in terms of layout the structure, and maybe I will roll out some change in content and update certain outdated pages from time to time, but yeah, you don't have to do nothing. The domain too, as mentioned above, it'll be the same as it has ever been since 5 years ago (actually 7 years ago, since 2012), so when it happens you'll see no difference. The only difference you'll probably see is an introductory post so I can test things out properly.


TO END THIS
So... Here's what I have done over the past 5 years over here. I have:
260 Weeks writing about Anime and Klassic Note, also known as "The Entertainment News"
259 Self-quotes, also known as "The Statement" (repeats included haha)
70 Klassic Note Reviews*, in "The Klassic Note"
4 Major site works since launch**
5 Photobooks of female voice actresses in Japan bought
*Does not include 9 reviews imported from here which are before July 2014
**Major site works include (1) standardisation of Entertainment News with title and content and postscripts, (2) adding of hoverable thumbnails in Entertainment News using CSS, (3) UI revamp featuring rounded interactive buttons and (4) JavaScript integration for automated "smart" tasks
(If I can think of anything else I'll update in the future, but it'll not be on the old site probably)




So, uh, yay for 5 years. Here's to many more 5 years as I continue writing my loner life of entertainment, self-thought and sometimes joy. Again, this is not the end. Please, do remember me after this post haha cya

P.S. You really screwed up there, me. Should've posted this yesterday.