Thursday 18 September 2014

Three Idiots in a Lift

Well, it's not actually three idiots only, but let's say it's "three sets of idiots" instead.

As I reached home taking the lift (you can assume I'm living in a public apartment), my entry was followed by a couple wheeling a pram and a girl who is not a moment eyes off her phone. (iPhone for those who need statistics without feedback) As we enter, I hit X (a number between the other two I will be mentioning later) and the girl hit 12. The first obvious problem one can observe right now is someone did not hit a button. Well I assumed someone lives in the same floor as one of us, but as we passed the 7th floor, about 9th, and suddenly:

"Seven, please."

Haha, right. It's over already, idiot. And he's hitting that button that did not respond.

The lift then quickly reached the floor of my destination and I left the lift, in front of me the girl still staring at her phone. Clearly she did not even stare at the floor she was in as I reached for my home door. Wow, another idiot. I laughed dryly to myself as I reached for my set of keys and... they're not there. After entering the house did I notice that my set of keys are hanging on the key rack next to the door.

I then noticed that, coincidentally, there are three (sets of) idiots in the lift, and I'm the third one. All of this in under a minute.

[P.S.: Haha I guess I'll leave you guys to internalise that. I have a pair work project to prepare for tomorrow. Cya guys on Sunday.]