Thursday 11 December 2014

The Klassic Note Review – 2014.12 Issue 1

Yes it’s the only one. Because SID new single isn’t impressive and the two last week aren’t either. And I don’t intend to buy any albums soon. Maybe Ikimono, but I shall see that for myself.



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Aqua Timez – Ikite [Single]
[Limited Edition] [Regular Edition]
(Pretty much the same, these two, but the Regular Edition looks more blissful. I’d like the Limited Edition though because it features live footage from the niconico live before their album release, which… oh well.)

Origin: Well we are all familiar with pop rock band Aqua Timez, for they bring us many awesome songs from Anime, drama and many more. Celebrating their 10th year, with the release of their album earlier in August comes this single for another drama (which I wouldn’t elaborate here), but as it is only a single-track (new song) single, I’m sure to be reviewing it, right? Hell yeah you bet I will. This single falls on the line of single-track singles of their band, and this isn’t any shabby either.

(1) Ikite [Live On]
Eh… first impression from music video is rather impressive, with most of the captivating components of a pop song available, and along with my favourite long phrases leading to the chorus again just like “Hinayume” from their latest album, this song just makes for another great track to listen to. The lyrics generally talk about life in general, that though we go through life and are worried or even get emotional just talking about it, we still live on, and thus my translation of the song title. (Yes my translation dammit) Overall a wonderful song, but honestly? I was expecting more. Damn, why am I expecting more, right?
Rating: 4 stars (Above Average)

(2) MASK (Shoes and Stargazing Version)
If I’m not wrong this is likely a rendition from their live this year also of the same name, but is also good in terms of song selection. If anyone recalls three years back where Anime “BLEACH” is still on and running (slowly) that this is one of the ending theme songs. Somehow three years listening to this version makes me view the song totally differently, which is great given the original song is already pretty good in terms of melody. Nostalgic is all I can think of at the moment, but really, nice song too. And if no one knows Klassic Note gives remixes of songs already in list, which also explains why negoto’s single is on my shelf too.

Conclusion: Altogether a nice single to have, and if not for my hesitation to get pre-order I probably would’ve done this last weekend. If you’re a fan and have not missed a release from them, I’m sure it’s at your shelf now already. Or else, if you’d like a nice song to listen, my recommendations will never exclude Aqua Timez. Really, old timer experienced band already. It’s been ten years anyway…


THE PACKAGE
Yes, even I’m excited when I get to this part, where I talk about it before I put it on my shelf. Funny it’s been two years I’m still feeling this excitement within. Must be my own money that makes it matter, isn’t it?

And yes, as you see the special gift here is not a promotional poster, but a poster of them in their live. *smiles* You get what I mean already, huh. Anyways, the packaging looks familiar as to the album with the elf theme, but this time the elf has a human granny. Just saying. Artistic view is exceptionally good though. Here, a bigger picture.


I guess that’s all this time. Cya guys next year for more review of course, and I’ll see if I can compile all the reviews I’ve done for this year or not. Along with the final look of my shelf for the year. Yeah just you wait and see…
[P.S.: APoL Chapter 13 is expected to be completed by this weekend. <<This is to make sure I meet the deadline. Really not making progress recently…]