Sunday 12 April 2015

The Entertainment News 2015 Edition Week #15

Hi guys, and welcome back, if this isn’t you first time.

I know. I need to think of a new title for next year.

アニメ
ANIME
Assssination Classroom: Well this new episode for the week starts with Sugino and a baseball feud with the rest of the school. Apparently Koro-sensei did a good job in coaching the students, but the principal (?) (yeah the leader of the school) also did a good job in the psycho-ing of the baseball team. Seriously, it’s ridiculous, but still a joy to watch. I’m still wondering more about why there is a new opening theme song but not a new ending one.

Now, the two new shows I mentioned about two weeks ago.

Punch Line: Well both are originals by the same animation group, so not much to talk about story. Suffice it to say this one has ridiculous circumstances, has plenty of it for a harem Anime, weird theme songs sung by the most unexpected combinations I can think of, but surprisingly everything else compensates itself for me to give a thumbs up. The characters are well distributed (for a harem style show), the story still has room for improvement and a clear conclusion (unlike Glasslip), the cast is pretty awesome (if you cannot recognise Kugimiya Rie, at least you can recognise Ten-chan, Tomacchan, and Mina-chan) (in order from my highest recognition), and the comedy is top. After thinking of all the pros and cons for this show, I decide to watch it for a few more episodes not because of the harem or the panties (I know, like Nagasarete Airantou type of show), but more of the story and the cast.

I just think I can still watch it, provided the story doesn’t screw up. And I probably have to give a theme song too. Hmm… *looks at both theme songs*

Plastic Memories: Something I forgot to start watching from last week, but oh well I caught up to it before this week’s episode. Anyways, it's mostly like the above, just that you deal with “death” (of human androids though), and a lot of bad news. Ten-chan is show for the main girl AGAIN (don’t ask me why, of anything), as she acts the role of the Giftia which is close to its expiry date. Yeah, sad story, sounds possible. But the second episode begs some promise for making it a good one due to the fact that I’m focused too much on drama, means this show may bore me within the next few episodes. Hopefully not, because I’d like to see a wonderful conclusion. Not that I’ve seen one.

Funny these two new shows are originals, because probably there are too many sequels, but then I think these two have premise to watch. After this they may not even be considered. I’m looking forward to next season, as you can see, as many shows like… We’ll talk about them next time, yes?

漫画
MANGA
BLEACH: Aizen got owned (not dead, seriously, I know Kubo), and it looks like some Sternritters want a chance for revenge against their leader. Trust is an issue here in BLEACH, huh. Everyone wants to betray their leader, knowing that it’s in any way impossible. *laughs*
One Week Friends: Someone got bored of the main scans group, so I get to benefit. Hase-kun still feels reluctant about his relationship with Kaori-chan, but I can see things are going in (generally) the right direction. It’s not far from the final chapter already (haiz I know it should’ve ended by now), so I intend to see how things pan out for them. Also the secondary relationship between Kiryuu and Saki-chan too, really. (Though personally I think it won’t happen between them *shrugs*)

音楽
This Week on Klassic Note
During this song influx week, I review many albums and a single. Mina-chan’s single was a tough decision, but in the end I decided to give the song with like… 40% technopop. Come on, that really is not the issue, because I’m more worried about the production thinking that she is compatible with this style. Clearly she is not, according to me. miwa’s 4th album is pretty good, but then I only took two songs as of now. I’m hesitant of the style of the third song I intend to give, but I’ll probably be taking that Doraemon movie theme song because I tweeted about it anyway:

nano.RIPE ‘s 4th album came a few days later than both of the above, but then it still sounds as… generically great as their previous album(s). Currently I’ll be taking on two of their songs (surprisingly not including the topic song?) and giving myself more time to absorb the rock goodness from them.

On a side note, I landed on Yuuki Aoi-chan’s album again after listening to her song last year. Not bad I must say, and I ended up giving two (three if I’m generous) songs this week. Hmm, surprisingly it’s not the one who wrote the one I heard before. Interesting, but I’ll still give what I like. Insider info and research only happens after giving the song anyway.

Also, ClariS (first) best album is out early for next week, and I need two songs in order for it to be on my shelf so I can commemorate Alice’s departure from this group forever. (Oops) I shall see about it, yes? Influx makes me take more time to consider songs though.

 

I’m being very hesitant recently with songs, huh. Oh well perhaps I’m really searching for the melody, isn’t it? I don’t know. I just compromise. Hopefully not too much, or I may just give the whole nano.RIPE album. My exams are close, so I guess… I should be doing something about it. *laughs* Cya guys next time, and until then… I’ll also start on my plans for the long break ahead. After my exams. *wink*

[P.S.: Mikakoshi week is up, as you would’ve known from last week, so… BOOM!

Ten-chan’s just glad to be here, haha. More “chirakoshi” (“chira” here in Japanese means peeking) (oops) next week! Actually, there’s enough till next month.]