Friday 14 August 2015

The Dream Record #12

Because this is the most complete dream I remember yet, I'm going to write this down starting from when I wake up now, which is 6 in the morning. Hope this is all worth it. Let's begin.

(For privacy purposes, information will be tweaked to suit the story and to the best of my memory. Comments will mostly if not all stay in brackets throughout the recall. Also all known people will be abbreviated eg. SL.)

THE TRIP
I was in a car, in Thailand, with a bunch of acquaintances. I wouldn't say I know them well as I joined them with the planner and leader for this trip, someone whom I knew by the name of SL. He drove on an SUV (or at least a large vehicle) to a camp area, nearby across the area are accommodation and entertainment. We stopped and unpacked all our belongings. We moved into the camp and lined ourselves with a bunch of people wearing green. Clearly we are in the wrong place, I fell myself. As someone shouted for everyone to gather, we all rushed in and then noticed that this was wrong. A commander commented that reactions are too slow so we had to move back to all our places to do this again, and specifically mentioned that people who want to leave now may do so. On the next command we all grabbed our stuff and headed for the large open steel gate.

THE INTEGRATION
We all left that weird place and ended up at the motel behind it. There I see an eating place and many other facilities which would then keep us occupied. We all then placed down our bag somewhere (first ambiguity for the sake of storyline) and started to roam around. Some said they intended to have a haircut here while others and me decide to have a meal after a long journey. As I charted with them over the meal, one of them mentioned something that startled me of the truth. The trip is potentially going to last more than a week! Considering the reality that (here's where it's mixed up a bit) today is a Friday and I have lessons on Monday and Tuesday next week, I was shocked to hear they have applied leave from their studies to attend this trip, without informing me whatsoever. I asked carefully about it, assuming this is only going to span over the weekend, but I was wrong. Even the more conservative ones have applied a day's leave for this overseas trip. With more doubt for my mind, we went to near the motel and saw another group of people we know coming out from the motel and asked as whether we had our accommodation and seeing the likelihood of SL planning the trip the chances are there aren't, and we will have to camp outdoors throughout this trip. The guys then happily went in with their towels and toiletries into a clean toilet, waving us goodbye. With this surprise, I decide to inquire SL of this information due to my lack of preparation for the journey. (Even though in reality my lessons in Mondays are just lectures lol) I was even worried about how to get back home myself, and assured myself that it is easy as taking a cab to the airport (I suppose all cab drivers understood that word), buy a ticket to fly me back (I had my credit card with me) and that will be it. This trip would be over. But I was more worried than that, so I could not help but ask. (Also I'm a wimp and my belongings are here)

THE HORROR
I heard that SL was at the haircut group (don't ask me why come all the way to Thailand to do this okay?) and they are inside the motel. I followed the direction I was told, seeing a lot of weird stuff like an empty unoccupied and messy room with connected doors to almost everywhere in this floor. After waling through many doors that are like one after another I finally located the place. It feels like a traditional barbers shop, but everything was brightened (even the corners of the room) and it was mostly in gold. (Yeah I was not lying though) I looked around to see many sitting by the chairs at the back while on the other end of the room sat a few barber chairs and a couple of barbers (should be female in this case) doing their job. I noticed SL was in the middle of a haircut (actually he was having a shave lol) so I waited for it to end. Meanwhile, I had a walk around the many doors that led to this room and that weird room just now. So much unnecessity on this supposedly abandoned room, and there are even traces of human blood and a broken king-sized bed. I felt uncomfortable.

THE CONFRONTATION
After a short while and me frantically walking around in circles looking at adjacent rooms around this barber room, SL finally finished his haircut. I dragged him away to ask him about what I was not informed of, but instead I asked him in a little more aggressive fashion, like "why didn't you tell me this trip was going to last a week?" or something along those lines. He, being sceptical and all, started looking down at me (he was pretty short and shorter than me, even till now) (I think I was kneeling lol) and doubting my purposes for joining this trip, only to know that I wasn't informed and blaming me for not asking otherwise. And before I could ask another question (which is probably about the potentially harsh conditions of this supposedly relaxing trip), another beside me agreed on my stand and also has problems about the length of this supposed weekend trip. After two people after me stood up to confront him like me, he decided (you didn't see this wrong) to pass us to the UN (yes United Nations) to send us back to our home.

THE SEND-OFF
Three of us were handed on to an officer of UN (don't ask me who he is; I have no idea) and he arranged for us to go back considering we aren't grown up and had to leave for specific purposes. (Even though the reason is that we'll miss our lessons lol) As he sat us down on a table bringing along with him a stack of parcels and documents for us to leave, he assured us that the UN will take care of everything. To make this even more tense, he handed us each a parcel (or a large letter that is not square, but had documents instead of goods) to help us scramble information due to the nearby camp and the situation in this country to help us leave. (Yeah Thailand isn't this dangerous, but still) Before doing so, he had to help us think of names to mask our identity in order for us to go back safely and letting the bad guys receive this letter or possibly nothing, even if our addresses are on it.

"We have to think of a name... I'll use the bands in the sixties then. How about 'sixty-seven'?"

(Don't ask me whether it exists, but I know it doesn't) After giving us weird aliases for our departure, he quickly deported us (yeah it sounds that bad) to the nearest vehicle available and we were on our way.

By now I would have already forgotten 60% of the contents, but nonetheless I delivered. References include me asking a lecturer two questions before I left yesterday (and I did, unlike this one), me being in the army before, or maybe I still have some issues with some of my acquaintances. Oh well so be it, and I'll see you guys soon.

P.S.: This is hell of a writing. Someone needs to invent a machine for dream recording soon.