Monday 24 August 2015

The Klassic Note Review 2015.08 Issue 1

Didn't expect to do this at this time of the year, but yeah there is good reason to do so. Because it's another single that I can happily give yet again, and this time it's from someone new. Precisely so I must do this, despite it being delayed by like a week and me not getting any free gifts out of it. Oh well, let's begin.



音楽 The Klassic Note Review
TrySail - Cobalt [Single]
Anime Edition Limited Edition Regular Edition
(Yeah no close-ups. I'm disappointed. But of course this is a single with less cuteness and more coolness, so I guess it's fine. That Anime version one though...)

Origin: I'm not unfamiliar with this girls trio, ever since I got interested in voice actor Amamiya Sora (aka Ten-chan) from last year. She apparently is under MusicRayn, which means she lines along her seniors from famous group sphere. Along with new girls Natsukawa Shiina and Asakura Momo (both pretty good in my opinion), they form the next generation of a idol band. Despite the heavy competition out there, I think they can do their own style from each of their own characters, and now I'm already at their second single, even though like months ago I decided not to. There is reason, and I shall explain why over here.

(1) Cobalt
Also the theme song for Anime "Classroom Crisis" (which I did not watch, as usual) this season, this song comes in as a catchy pop tune. Why it does not grab my attention initially is purely because I want to not hear such a style. Months later after listening to the previews I gave them a chance and man did I make a right choice. Not only was the melody catchy it was also easy to listen to, giving it a thumbs up for just the format of the song overall. Simple lyrics follow along the good melody, and soon you'll notice you have to sing to it. The music video, on the other hand, is quite a disappointment, I must say. Pretty but out-of-sync CGI along with a dance from them like at the last chorus probably isn't the right way to do it, but still. This song is good, and I approve it.
Rating: 4 stars (Above Average)

(2) Honto da yo [*Really (it is)]
Adding on to the awesomeness in the A-side, listening to this suddenly attracts me to their attention, with this literally a dating song, from the lyrics itself. I know the people behind intend to promote them, so I'm all for it. Whoever you like, however, will not change your idea of this lively tune, and overall catchy tune in itself, and must be a pop song I've heard for some time. A very good song indeed, and you can't ask more from them now.

Rating: 4 stars (Above Average)

Conclusion: Overall a nice single to listen to. I totally enjoyed listening to this single purely because of its well made lyrics to accompany easy to listen melodies. Talk about a singular production because it's one guy doing all the composing for this one. I must commend him, because he did a good job. Hopefully TrySail will stay strong, and probably I'll see them again here next time. Meanwhile, you guys should give a listen to this single if you can take easy listening pop melodies, or if you want to watch the Anime. Anyways, show some support, yes?

-Kaineng, on the Klassic Note


*Translation of a grammar phrase with respect to context, and this is the closest I know of.
(Her nickname is "Mocho", by the way. I just... oh well guess I have to know them better.)


THE PACKAGE
Now the package. Man, I wanted to scan the images in the booklet to show you guys, but I take perfection very seriously. So, too bad.

I got this one from Animate again, but then this time I definitely missed it by a lot, even if I reviewed days before the release date. I'm expected (really, huh) to get an Anime sticker stuff along with probably the best free photo gift I can choose from them. So I decided to take a bet. A bet that I still had the chance to get it despite it saying it's going to be out of stock. Yeah, they ran out of it. *sigh*


Besides that, the single is well done, and kudos to them for not just doing a single piece of a booklet and feature all three of them in each page. That one I give a thumbs up. After that, it's like every other single. I've been dazzled so many times I'm becoming numb. But really, it's very well done. I'm just... pissed that I didn't get... Whatever. I should've just played safe.


Cya guys next time then. I'm tired and having plenty of blues because it's a Monday, and I waited for this in the afternoon until I wanted to sleep, but I skipped it for this. Until next time... Sunday, I guess? Yeah, see ya.