Sunday 10 January 2016

The Entertainment News 2016 Edition Issue #2

At this point I should explain how this post works. (three parts, written after review etc.)

アニメ
ANIME
Assassination Classroom Season 2: I guess it's just an intro, and a remembrance to how crazy Nagisa can be, but then Koro-sensei wants some love. To happen in the class. I mean, it's practically impossible with everyone in love of killing the octopus, and that military of a teacher is so dense to Bitch-sensei, so I guess it won't happen anytime soon. Great to use summer vacation to end the first episode of the second season, and yeah we will get back into action. Various events do indicate we get interested at the moment, like that master of assassins apparently stabbed by "Jack The Ripper"? (which obviously means he's in London...) Also, the announcement of group assassination reward increase to three times the usual must be some incentive, yes? Well the kids aren't getting rich anytime soon, and unlikely will be anyone else before them, so we shall see how this goes. Great start to hopefully an epic conclusion. I didn't read the Manga (in order to not spoil anything, as usual), so I'll be looking forward to this one.
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi: I did talk about watching this noitamina series last year, and here I am, watching the show which is probably the most mindf**k I've seen this year. (Well, it's only been barely two weeks anyway, so...) This guy who lives a super normal life (if "normal life" refers to being a failure, and working part-time and living alone...), with a colleague who is too young for him, and a mother who is too old for him to bother, he actually can witness the deaths of people. Well, as far as we have knowledge of. It apparently scales with the amount of time before he witnesses a change, so like if someone dies a few seconds within him passing by, he'll get some minutes out of watching a hell butterfly (also pronounced as "Jigokucho"; believe me, I know this from BLEACH) pass by him, which somewhat increases his attention skills (I need that, not that I want to see people die), and also makes him a real life saviour. (P.S. We need more of this guy in this world anyway) Besides that, there surrounds a bigger incident of an abductor (and apparently also a killer), who killed the main guy's mother who knows everything (besides that paper note), and him escaping from the police (thanks to that screaming bitch of a neighbour) brings him back to... yeah I noticed the date. EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO. When he was eleven, and it was the year 1988. This is going to get interesting. Nice opening theme song, and looks like I'll be watching the hell out of this. Hopefully it's better than that mystery show last season. *laughs*
Dagashi Kashi: Don't know why, but I didn't get to watch Dagashi Kashi this week. How? Can I petition to have it subbed? I don't know. Still hoping this doesn't appear by the end of the week. (If you're reading this means it has not appeared by Sunday)
Hell yeah someone subbed it! (Let's start the real review lolz)
Okay, so I did say a few weeks ago that this manga is funny, comedic, and a little crazy, whilst in a world of sweets. So this is episode one. And I must say I'm less than impressed. But then again I think my expectations are pretty high reading the original story, and I don't think I can like the theme songs yet, so those maybe some reasons. The pace of the show is slower than usual, which maybe better if faster, which of course means more content which I don't think production will partake on anyway. Anyways, this episode is great. Sets the scene right, voices are appropriately assigned, jokes are properly addressed (because it's only these kind of shows that a stupid short story by Hotaru can be expanded to a short adventure film), and yes we got our first fanservice scene too lolz. All in all, very excited on what's to come next, especially till the parts I have read and they parts I haven't because I'm going to refrain from reading them... Oh yes this is going to be great!! Problem is shows may not come out this timely. Which is not good. Fingers crossed for next episode.
(P,S, Especially loved the eyecatches [credits to Random Curiosity] with the girls saying "...so" because it joins things up. Smart.)
(P.P.S. My comment on Random Curiosity)

SHOWS
MythBusters: Coming back for a final season, they start out with a bang. Well, many bangs. MacGyver wasn't smart to put cement into rigged dynamite. Not that I watched the movie, but then if they did show emptiness within the postal van in the movie itself then they are totally busted. Or not it may have been just like the guys attempted fail that pouring cement in may have dislocated the wiring making the explosion less possible. On the other side we have mines and hovercrafts, and with these vehicles using less pressure than what a kid can punch you, unless mines are... I don't know. I cannot think of anything ridiculous here *laughs* Nice episode, and we ARE counting down to the last few episodes starting now. *sob* End with a laugh, shall we? *laughs*

音楽
This Week on Klassic Note
Not much this week too, because there isn't much last week too. I'm holding on reviews to listen to them again probably when I return for another term in school, but meanwhile I think I can give a couple of songs from Silent Siren, and THE ORAL CIGARETTES new album if I want more beats. I may want a quiet song now though, and those girls don't have a good song. Maybe time to go find how the indie artists in Japan are doing. Meanwhile, from Anime and music videos recently, KANA-BOON may well be another listen yet again, Ayachi's new song is currently ringing in my mind right now as I think of it, and Ajikan's new song preview (from the Anime and not the new single released this week because it's not good) sound very reminiscent of their style. I like. And they're coming out with a best album half a  year later. Maybe no more NANO-MUGEN again this year? *sob*


This is it then. I hear many news of new releases within this season, including Aki-chan's 3rd album, Mina-chan's next single and Tomacchan's next single within the next 3 months. But it may not be enough. And that shall depend on me, I guess. First week is typically less intense, so I'll probably want to spend some time to listen to new songs and doing up APoL? (Don't think I forgot that) Cya guys next week then. And as always, I hope you're happy with life. I'm not, I think. The emptiness is filling me.

[P.S.: Ten-chan's photobook is beautiful in many ways, and despite that I'm not crazy about her yet.


These? I wonder. I'm just tired. Or maybe I'm appreciating beauty. Like a piece of artwork. *laughs*]