Sunday 7 February 2016

The Entertainment News 2016 Edition Issue #6

It's festive, but I'm tired now. Well, I guess shopping with your sis does contribute to that. *laughs* Not an everyday thing, but I still do it. Anyways, let's get to it.

アニメ
ANIME
Assassination Classroom S2: What another great episode, yes? We learnt of... leadership? And not losing? Ever? I mean, losing is hard. It is tough. But then again there is reason to lose. And learning from losing can go extreme ways. This father-son relationship also reminds me of Magata Shiki and her daughter from Anime "Subete ga F ni Naru", which show inheritance but the kids reaching a different understanding and never having that extreme sense that their parents will ever have. And thus, Asano-kun (the kid) will likely be an ally in the future as he rids of his father to take over him in the future. I mean, that old f*ck's days are going to be numbered, that jerk. (Sorry, cannot help) (Hayami Show, great job again for making me pissed off at you *spits* *laughs*) Meanwhile, I'm going to laugh a lot on Koro-sensei's parent enthusiasm (like as if he doesn't want to be a father) and those terrible, terrible English conversations. Yep, they hired a foreigner for that exchange student. (check the credits, I'm not wrong) The rest... I rather not talk about them. *laughs hardly*
Boku Dake ga Inai Machi: Wait, what the hell is wrong with this show??
Am I already stuck watching a killer who is also an abductor and a psycho? And then? Okay, first things first. We now know this show is mostly going to stay in the present for now, which is good news because I thought Satoru is going to get stuck in history for some time, repeating his mistakes, as I said, like Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei, but it is not so. He returns to present time to solve his own suspect of crime, and Airi chose to believe him, which is good for him, but not for that too honest of a manager, and that too suspicious of an investigator who was talking to him on the shop. The honest man maybe inclined to help the police, but then again this may have to be solved independently which means... it's all according to plan. The killer (whoever he is), is killing the mother who knows a lot, talking her belongings, framing it on the next person who appears who is likely the son, and cutting all connections of the crime in the process. Why that guy hasn't killed Satoru in any way, I don't know. I just hope it's not a test of intelligence (please, Shiki, not this show) but more of an elimination of crime as an achievement. You know. Those "I did something and didn't get caught by the police" part, even though I think Satoru doesn't know much seeing the fact that he's still well alive. This show maybe a little extreme (girl beating up that grown-up of a man), it may be a bit of a mindf*ck for now (that's what all mystery shows are anyway), but then I see a future. That Satoru maybe going back to the past again, Kayo's parents unlikely to change their decision to let a third-party get rid of their only kid from the shed again, and probably Satoru will have to get caught for the police to solve a bigger thing. Too bad this is all we know, the show doesn't introduce anyone in law enforcement, so I guess this shall be it. Man, I can't wait to watch the next episode. So hyped for a mystery show... I must say this show has done well.
Dagashi Kashi: Anything, you know? Hotaru-san? For fanservice???
Okay, this week's episode. Plenty of laughs it seems with You-san on the helm, as they talk about fake drugs, wasting money on stocking for the shop, and gambling. Wow, all the things you shouldn't waste on in life. Oh well, at least it's not wasteful to watch this show, I can guarantee that. You-san's YouCHUBE channel was boosted with his son accidentally on video, and Hotaru is a bad loser, and a sore one too. Talk about having no luck at all. Also, if Hotaru wasn't running away from that gamble at the end, then we better see some fanservice next episode. Really. You lost a bet, Hotaru-san. If you don't undress I'll have to imagine the undressing lol

漫画
MANGA
Amari Mawari: Family love, yes?
Well, I mean, Amari isn't much younger than Haru anyway, so sure, he'll wait until she's grown up (which isn't very long, I think), or just let her soak in the sparky-ness for now. Seriously, just bring her to the barber's. She'll willingly watch him get his hair cut and clean up the hair after him when he's done. How's that for a sparkling hair fetish? The perfect scenario. Also, perfect couple? kuroda bb-sensei, you've done it. This IS a romance story.
BLEACH: Another chapter. I have a feeling we're close to the end, ever since this reveal thing about Ishida so casually brought out. We of course can assume that the Quincy leader is at his weakest now (by weak I mean without foretelling powers; he still can kill a Yamamoto Genryusai Shigekuni), so Ichigo and the others are heading towards there. Ishida is probably going to be worse off than when he assured Ichigo, but that I don't worry. Can't wait to see some (pure) Quincy action! (Yeah I miss those times where bow and arrows are awesome) Also, Chad seems to pair up with Ganju (remember that sand guy?) to fight a sand army. Well I guess that'll be easy for the latter, but then again how easy can it get? We shall see. Loved it when things are picking up, but then again that "light at the end of the tunnel" thing... either it's very dim a light, or the end is very far away. Like, fairytale-type of far.

SHOW
MythBusters: What does it take to build your own store? Well, apparently doing a science TV show will get you one. The guys test two myths involving the most humane thing they have used in experiments: the volunteers. They've gone through shit, and this one is not different either. The re-test on zombie killing is cool, and Adam carrying fake, light chainsaw killing zombies is still freaking cool. (Because I know how it weighs, and it is worse than an axe) The shop queueing myth is the one I've been waiting for since I saw the season preview, and I'm happy. Just seeing Adam and Jamie joining in the queue is a joy. I've been satisfied. Thanks, guys.

音楽
This Week on Klassic Note
This week has been quiet, as I mentioned last week, so I went on a journey. Well, Audioleaf is an old friend by now, so I won't say much about being new or whatever. But knowing new artists are great. I ended up listening to AMV and music band metro polica and their nice pop songs, which they did Anime Music Videos (just in case no one knows what that means) for KimiUso (you know this show, right?) and Madoka Magica, which I cared less of the latter. I'm close to getting a single from an indie artist, but then again as per requirements I'm missing one more track, so maybe next time. I'm intending to give iki's latest single from last year a chance because I enjoy their style, so I'll hold on to it for now. I just got hold on to Tokyo Karan Koron's new album, and initial impressions aren't strong. I'll probably give another song other than that song which should've been the first song for this year.

Next week is Kuso Iinkai's new album release, and that is going to be tough to wait for, so I'm fingers crossed on this. I'll probably go on other "pilgrimages" in search for the unique melody, but since I'm in a couple of holidays we shall see about that. This few weeks are pretty empty in terms of new songs release. If you want me to include people I know... that's not a lot, unfortunately.


This is it then. I'm tired, and I think I know why. I'm appreciating and treasuring my sleep now, and you guys should too. My enthusiasm seems to have peaked, and I'm not done with things yet. I'm considering shifting my shelf to boxes so I can avoid cleaning the dust off them from time to time, and I'll make myself spend more time to listen to them. Like, in disc form. Maybe I'm envisioning myself to be like that old, retired dude who has all the vinyls, sitting down on a rocking chair listening to classical music, enjoying life. Just I'm listening to pop music from Japan, and it's CDs and a very basic player, so I hope that will do for now. Cya guys then, and until next week... Happy Chinese New Year. Life after these few days of holidays is not going to be hectic.

[P.S.: I don't have people wearing Chinese outfits, especially if you talk about Japanese. But you know. Ten-chan.

Yes, that Ayachi's special gift photo is going to join me for the holidays. Yesh.]