Sunday 22 November 2020

The Entertainment News 2020 Edition Issue #47

Hey, guys. I have bad news to report.

I, uh, after much hype about Ueda Reina's signing event which is today... did not get selected to be signed an autograph. Yeah, I then found out yesterday, after they gave the results probably earlier this week. Hey, I really forgot there would be a limited number of spots anyways she can't be stepping on all those grapes herself haha (that's an Anime reference from two weeks ago) but man, imagine if I REALLY got selected haha I will become her fan IMMEDIATELY lmao. Well, Reina-chan, I guess we're going the long route into liking you lol hopefully you won't be married by then. Haha don't worry though Rieri will make sure I like you someday haha stay tuned on my Wanted List to find out

Now I feel sad. I really thought this will be the best encounter yet, better than any romance Anime out there. *laughs* Oh don't worry, I'll still watch Anime in the morning and then watch the event live in the afternoon. It's an online event anyways, as much as my "name" won't be mentioned at any point haha okay NOW I'm really sad lol okay let's forget about her shall we? (I can't even watch it they need a code... *sob*)




アニメ GREAT PRETENDER
Since I'm actually forward of telecast by a week, I'll take a break this week, but I think I have a replacement for this below. Read on to find out.

アニメ Majou no Tabitabi
"Who is this beauty, as pretty and lovely as a doll..." Well Elaina people do really bad things to dolls so I don't think you want to associate to that haha
Hey, Elaina, if them clothes of yours are getting in the way of this hot weather you are free to take it off we can take it lmao. *holds nosebleed thinking about it* Haha anyways, in this new episode (#MajoTabi08) in which just listening to the opening makes me sad *sob* (refer to intro of post), yeah I thought my quote was foreshadowing but I guess the author got to them first lol is this supposed to be the Halloween special episode? *laughs* So, story I guess. Firstly, in the city of dolls. Apparently everyone has one. It's like a smartphone but it doesn't move and it's way heavier but you can brag about it more haha. No really, think about it. Elaina passed by a group of citizens and a magician from the Association (yep, the place where Saya is at to earn her pocket money lol) by the name of Sheila, who is investigating the crimes of The Ripper in town. Okay, legit thought the culprit was killing women just like the one as rumoured in London in the 20th century, but nope it's not that bad I guess. Still, it has harmed many over the years, which is probably why someone from the Association was tasked to come down to investigate. Elaina doesn't really care much about this since it doesn't involve her (lol serious foreshadowing right here), so she goes to find a place to stay the night. But man this is just giving me the creeps where there is one at every corner because there is also one in the room she's staying the night in- Ah yup. *laughs* Okay, imagine how bad it would have been if (1) they all have their own minds because that puppet maker was a magician too and (2) if Elaina got one and there's another in the hotel room. Please, Anime, leave this creepy stuff out of my mind please. Thank goodness it's not that bad, as we get some Elaina fanservice for the night (HELL YEAH okay calm down lolicon me), and then... yeah if you noticed the window's open and think it suspicious you're not alone. Because as she wakes up and goes to brush her teeth (what year is this?? lol) and looks at the mirror... she thought she saw a Saya-chan in white hair. *laughs* Excuse me, ashen white hair. *laughs* Okay, jokes aside, but yeah, her hair got cut off. Yep, and Sheila got called over, so to confirm, that's what The Ripper was doing. So, in case you haven't suspected anything yet, the one in the doll store giving out free dolls to people in town? Tell me she's not a witch lmao she can move the doll without using those stuff Jeff Dunham is using you tell me she doesn't know magic? *suspicious emoticon* Haha okay I know it's mystery solved but we gotta get to the funny part too lol. After "interrogating" the owner of the establishment ie. the hotel (man must the girls in this series be so violent? I like haha ah-) he reveals that the doll he had which, suspiciously, was stranded with human hair instead of like, whatever those makers use for hair probably nylon or whatever haha I don't know doll-making, the two infiltrate themselves to an underground auction to hopefully, find out the true culprit as to where Elaina's hair would have gone to. So turns out, besides the half a dozen human-sized dolls we saw which I'm sure Jougasaki from "Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei" would be jealous of (lol Anime reference!), the final product of the auction is then of course, 7 dolls of which hairs were made of, you guessed it, the victims of missing hairs from the case they were investigating so far, including of course, Elaina's hair. Who would have guessed? *laughs* Anyways, Elaina is done with this bullsh*t, tears the place up including the wonderfully made doll to make everyone present not be able to unsee this violence (lol), but also, draw "The Ripper" out which of course, has been prosecuted Jesus Christ Elaina let the woman off please what is with the death sentence lol. And yeah, reporting back to headquarters and having Saya hear this terrible news will ensure that culprit's death, I'm sure of it haha probably now she looks like she's going to enjoy it haha what. To end this week, and goddamn did they round this cast up at this precise episode so that I'll feel better about myself, that masochist of "The Ripper" was voiced by Ueda Reina (haha) (uh oh I think I liked that acting), and Sheila by Hikasa Youko. Again, familiar voices, but I did not recognise them at first listen anyways, so hey, they got me. Got me real good haha
Seriously, this creeps me out
When you are still tied up with work (literally) but want to watch your favourite drama at 2am
P.S. "Let's catch that cowardly culprit, cut off their head..." Woah woah wait a minute girl we committing murder now? In her defence, she did say the hair is a woman's life...
P.P.S. "If you hide just the eyes, it's obvious who's behind the mask, right?" ClariS before the (full) face reveal be like *laughs*
[More Elaina images because is she not the best character in this season of Anime already? Haha]
I don't want to say this, but this can only happen if she gets shoved in by a huge di-
Elaina be so cute reading books to sleep, I want myself a girlfriend who loves books
(*prays to not meet someone like this*)

アニメ Tonikaku Kawaii
"Do you think I'll be able to get along with (your weird parents) them?" Haha Tsukasa maybe finding out the difficulty of this might be too late
Goddammit I know someone wants me to reference that Chatmonchy song the moment Nasa-kun went on to say "born and raised in Tokyo" even though the lyrics in the song uses Japan haha I hate this Anime now lol. In this new episode (#ToniKawa08) ("Nippon umare, nippon sodachi~") where we finally conclude the Family Visit Arc haha I gotta make something up to make it sounds like an Anime series right? Because so far, it's all the embarrassment and we didn't really get anything serious going so... let's talk about more embarrassing things haha. So yeah, firstly meeting of the parents. As Nasa-kun has described, his parents are weird. Well, not weird as in the father's an author of some hentai manga weird no no *sorry Ao-chan*, but more like in their behaviour only, because sort of like the son himself, the mother is kind of shy, and the father... let's just say he thinks a lot too haha like seriously conversation problems run in the family lol. It is rather a simple episode this week though, where we spend a day there, and as described by Nasa-kun, spend a day there and leave by the next night bus. And so, besides the sleeping scene where I swear it's not even an exaggeration if the mother was putting a stethoscope up against the wall because they are in the room next door lmao, the couple didn't do anything I promise apart from kissing haha I wouldn't call that prosecutable so... *laughs* We'll do more of that in our own apartment HAHAHAHAHAHA moving on!! They walk around Nara to take some photos and show them parents that they aren't close to a divorce haha I mean what could happen as long as it doesn't involve Chitose. *laughs* So yeah, as much as Tsukasa isn't that interested in historical monuments as a God she still went along with the father and son on these stuff (because why wouldn't you recognise your own handwriting or someone you know and have lived in the times where Nara was the capital of Japan), but hey, let's just say we don't know any of these facts, yes? I'm just playing along with this haha I really don't know Nara as much as Tokyo lol. And finally aw man, #TheFeels when you see the ending part haha man this Anime got me again. Well, let's say got me again twice in one episode. Besides the father really thanking this god-like figure who saved his only son from literally death (then again she's also the root cause so...), uh, I'm now glad for Nasa-kun who did take care of emergencies because... their apartment in Tokyo got burnt down. Yeah, it's all gone: Tsukasa's spare underwear, their newly-bought TV (lol) and everything in it. Uh oh. I hope they have asked permission for guardian for the papers on the new house haha cya guys next week I wonder what will be their fate CHITOSE DID IT lmao
I would argue that if it's this time of year? She would be warmer than my blankets hehe
One of the many shots of me you'll see if you go on a sleepover with me lol
(Okay I got to clarify first: I've NEVER slept with any number of women haha phew that was close)
P.S. "It's been like a thousand years, but the mountains haven't moved that much" Tsukasa either you're a meteorologist or you are guardian of the mountains- Ah, I said something wrong? Come on she knows because she was part of it...!! Haha second guess me b*tch
P.P.S. "Well, of course, I've never been married before" WELL NO SHIT haha okay if your girl doesn't say this then I worry for your well-being lmao
I guess this is what it means by "hair standing on end" lol

漫画 Boku ga Boku de Aru Tame ni.
I feel like I should come back to this, and I'm glad I did.

Hello, everyone, to the... definitely once in a while long manga review, but here, is the last of this series. Yes, after 5 years of serialisation, it has ended. With the final volumes out this month (yes Volumes 8 and 9 were released on Friday actually), I have decided to show my support for the artist, but unlike Kawai Makoto-sensei, for Hazuki Matcha-sensei here also the author for "Isshuukan Friends." (yes "One Week Friends") I have decided to skip the shipping queue (also it's not cheap) and read it up on Amazon Kindle, so not sponsored even though I got a good deal on all NINE volumes here, but let's talk everything about it.
Trust me, it's not that you think, in both cases haha
(Is that girl sucking his d-)
Story goes that Shun-kun has came back to Tokyo after years of leaving his bunch of friends from middle school those years ago (it has a pattern, so ~4 years I believe, we'll talk about that later), finally coming back to meet up with them... in high school, of course, and with many things upon them, they talk about the situation now. But instead of finding them all together, they are all over the place, probably left from fragments of their childhood. And Shun-kun - not being able to face his own emotions and of course, his emotions for childhood friend Sana-chan - meets with her new friend in school Ayumu... who looks exactly like him. Exactly might be an understatement, because the moment they put that misunderstanding into action ie. Shun-kun taking off his glasses, people around them start to get confused immediately. (Okay besides the one guy who know of the pin on Ayumu) And thus, Ayumu suggested such a play around, but Shun decided then, to use this as a weapon to understand the feelings of others, as much of a wimp of himself and his image of not wanting to face his emotions could be.
That is Sana-chan on the left (kawaii~), and Shun-kun on the right.
(Trust me, this is not Ayumu lol this was after being found out by Yuu-kun)
Seems that it's pretty straightforward on what is upon us, I hope. We got main guy who likes main girl, some other guy he can pass off as to effectively eavesdrop on the others around him to find out what happened these years along, and rounding back to what lives they had before Shun-kun left with his family. And spoiler alert from now onwards because you can wait for translations if you don't mind lol, but yeah, it happened again, the leaving. NOW we can talk about the strengths and weaknesses about this series, and Matcha-sensei's approach in general. (1) Don't expect wholesome stories. Like the author's previous work, the focus here is only on emphasising on the waves of emotions and amplifying them only for enough for something to happen. The strongest of drama is probably nothing compared to anything you watch on cable TV, trust me. That, in my opinion, I see as a bias because I actually like such a style, because in Japan such a genre is rather niche but otherwise also treasured("kyunkyun"), because you don't have to be too direct about love yet still be able to do everything about it. If you aren't into such troubled and missed emotions then this is hard to actually convince anyone to understand, just like how the emotions of all the characters are hard to understand until you hear their stories. (2) The turning points for this series. It's never ground breaking, and it's most of the time, rather expected to some extent. Most of the time if not all the time, it's meeting up to talk about their stories, and never using those cliché methods of encounters all the time like many stories would use, to come to conflict or conclusion. But hey, this really depends on how you approach it though. And yeah, in the end, these stuff are kind of necessary anyways, so I won't say too much. (3) The ending. As I said, it happened again, Shun-kun has to leave with the family again because the father has to, and I'm not going to investigate that part because I know of Anime that will literally confront the father and do the runaway thing, but hey, this story is not that. Focus here is then, instead of just walking about of the window and being honest about each other like the reveal of Shun-kun's switches between Ayumu to Sana-chan and Kouhei, he then chose instinctively, out of his own wimpy self, to keep mum about everything to everyone yet again. Most who read this would think of how much of a wimp he is then to do so even though we all know that hurting others of such news once again, things such as farewell, is not a good idea, and as much as it's also not of good idea to keep mum about it. I would say the latter is worse, but you need to then remember the characters of this series aren't a bunch of strong-willed people. If you think of it that way, and that's why the author chose such an ending instead, a more roundabout approach. But despite the teacher ratting him out accidentally mistaking Ayumu as Shun-kun again (lol sensei), and why wouldn't you also block Ayumu on your phone after blocking everyone else, Sana-chan at least, still managed to say her goodbyes to... his bestie. Yeah. Yes, the problem with this series is that you cannot be sure who are together, because they are never, even after 4 years down the road where everyone is in college and stuff and Shun-kun still asks for Sana-chan to wait a little longer for his action. Even though...!! Even though Sana-chan has dropped such a big hint on him. Ugh, I can't even. *laughs* I'll take that as a yes, guys; I can live without the actual confession haha
Hey, congrats bro, congrats. She said it before you you loser-
All in all, I like this series. As I mentioned in the past few reviews over the years as I see it serialised in Japanese online to be read for free as the latest chapters come out and I missed most of it lol, the last time I read this was like, around the end of Volume 6, as I surprisingly, picked up from where Shun-kun decided to confess about his switching with his lookalike. So yeah, that's a good point to continue and then find out what the end would be like. Then again, I am disappointed that, despite opening the time capsule and then Sana-chan finding out that through opening Shun-kun's box with his key entrusted to her as he tries to sneak out forever haha (did I explain that for you?), it's rather obvious that Shun still likes Sana-chan, and not just as a friend, and similarly, the girl should have felt that too, despite being switched around with maybe Ayumu on some occasions. See? It's not that hard being yourself. *shakes head* That's the only grime I have with this series, I guess, to then find out that that's literally what the title is about, and yes, they will not easily change because in all the stories of the characters mentioned throughout, it's always about them refusing to change. But changing is literally, being weird for a while, and then that is the new norm. And that's how Kouhei moved on after quitting the running club because the club members probably were involved in his incident where he injured his leg, and how Sana-chan got over being lied to by Shun-kun over the switching. That's how it is. In the latter she probably cried a lot (lol), but she also moved on. That's how life should be. I wouldn't say this is how you get laid with someone you like lol Chihiro, but hey, it's some feelings one wouldn't easily forget. I would argue that the author tried the very best to like, how should I say it, display these wavering emotions on the characters to make you feel sentimental, sometimes shocked, but mostly uneasy, about the feelings you have for others and what they are. And this, is what it feels like to be yourself. And it serves to be a good reminder to me too, after all these years of being alone.
"I keep behaving weird, I keep doing things that aren't of who I am, but even then, I have not disliked that feeling"
TL:DR; Don't lie to others, be what you are always, and accept change through the best of your understanding. Even if it makes you feel worse for yourself and others around you, embrace those emotions that make you you, for others will do so too.

P.S. And I hate to say this, but somehow the omake chapters in each book were doing so good, the author decided to continue with "Isshuukan Friends." on where they left off from the ending, where yes, Hase-kun and Kaori-chan were effectively a couple. Hey, the mom knows. *laughs* Nope, not following that unless you animate it lol but really though I wasn't into it halfway through anyways but I just read it till the end for Matcha-sensei honestly

音楽 This Week on Klassic Note
Well, I did hear a couple more songs than the one release I intend to review, so let's not talk about angela's new single because I just heard it just now and I rather not. *laughs* Takigawa Alisa's new mini-album is not bad, to say the least, but I did only give two songs, of which literally their production second guessed it and released a lyric video for the other song such that I HAVE to give it now lol well I intend to give it anyways. Me on first impressions never fade away easily once I decide to give it another listen, usually on Wednesdays. I did also listen to Iwasaki Ai's new song finally released in full in view of her live in December, but heck, I'll just give this song just because she retweeted my tweet. I guess I'm an international representative for her music, huh. Hey, be glad to do so man, her music is so lovely to listen, I almost forgot she collaborated with like a pops music producer last year on a song that totally isn't her style. That song was good though I did give it haha

On news concerning music and Twitter because I promise you that's all I care about now, thanks Iwasaki Ai for the retweet of my tweet really appreciate the love here (hehe), Ikimonogakari's new song is for Anime "BORUTO" series and might be a decade already since their last for the series (lmao the single is going to be stuffing the old songs as a package) (cheapskate haha), nano.RIPE's new song will be for yet another Anime airing next season ie. next year, and surprisingly Taketatsu Ayana is releasing a new digital single next year which might signal her return since her marriage from last year.

So for next week, I'll talk about it later anyways since I don't like to dump it here, Earphones' 2nd album back in 2018 I'll give a run-through because I know I won't be giving much anyways, and KANA-BOON's new single for Anime probably. I'll see if I can even give the latter after so long (even though there's the best album which had new songs and I only gave oldies) and it's not because of that bassist we got over that already please.




Well, I did... uh... how would I say, "watch the archive" (lol people know you're lying already you freeloader) of Earphones' recent online show, and man was it fun to listen after this long. I did give quite a lot of songs from their early days and then fast forward to like last year and this year with the 5th anniversary album too. *silence* They were not good though, not great. *laughs* Hey, I'm not those who give critique on singing, but I would argue that instead of an idol group like Marinka mentioned in the live, they are more of an experiment, so looking around them won't give any inspiration because they are truly different in the industry, I would say. Oh well. I did get some surprise songs out of it though, where they dumped their own selection medley chosen by themselves, surprisingly all from their first album back in 2015. Man, talking about 5 years, this year's Klassic Note special compilation will BE focused on (sorry idol groups here but) mainstream artists which I've known for 5 years. Yeah, I gave a record number of indie artists even back then, and now I think it's a good time to talk about them too at some point. Will talk about them more once I got the list confirmed why is Yoru no Honki Dance only releasing an album next January ugh. *laughs* Cya guys next week then, and until next time note to self that please wait until at least 11pm JST before posting just in case Minase Inori wants to dump some news and I have to put it in next week's post instead lol bye

P.S. I have more... online archives coming by for artists who have been in Klassic Note this year to cement my impression of Top 20 this year so we'll talk about them then I'm getting bored of YouTube lol