Friday 25 August 2023

The Klassic Note Review 2023.08

Well this is rather expected of me haha we are only missing a month of this and we're back with more music talk? Hell yeah dude who says there isn't good new music to give nowadays haha

Anyhow, this is probably the most predictable release I've given thus far in the history of Klassic Note I would argue, as we are technically talking about an Anime's theme songs all sung by an artist that is not Hoshimachi Suisei as I've been relating to so far. *laughs* Fret not, she is nothing like her this one here is actually 16 lmao *dabs*, so let's see what is about her that made this a worthy of topic!




音楽 The Klassic Note Review
Tsuzuri - NAME [Single]
Tsuzuri Limited Edition Anime Regular Edition
(I mean, what do you want me to say about this? I guess the artist image looks great for an artist we don't get to see the face of)

Origin: I don't think I know a lot of this 16-year-old virtual singer singing for an Anime major label, but I do know about the Anime, so maybe we talk about that. As the new season of Anime appeared and I have to deal with FIVE sequels I shall not mention of that anymore, "SukiMega" was the only series I picked up that was new, and so did I get fascinated by the arrangement of the opening and ending theme songs, especially the opening which is why we are here. Ironically, they intended to release both singles with each other's theme songs to make this a big selling point backed up by composers with name. And that's how I got to know this voice from the opening, and that it reminded me of virtual YouTuber Hoshimachi Suisei and her singing, still does sound uniquely different especially in the Anime music industry to stand out among the rest. Let's find out more on why.

(1) NAME
From last chorus:
"(I) want to get closer, closer
(I) will help with anything, because I'll protect you
Always always be by (your) side even if (we) get lost, (I'm) sure to find each other

(Our) hearts are fluttered and moved, does this feel weird
(I) want to know the name of this feeling"
This song just spells love in itself of course credited by the mood of the Anime itself of protecting someone without their glasses but this goes in a more generic direction, talking about how that brings them together and stuff. Melody-wise I think it's catchy enough to catch anyone's attention, but I'm particularly disturbed by the abrupt pauses especially till the end of the song where if you did not count your beats, you would be blasted without realizing which can prove to be irritating at times, but otherwise even the bridge part is smartly written I assume thanks to DECO*27 who wrote the lyrics. All around great feels though, definitely something that will get its name at some point.
Rating: Strikingly Above Average

(2) Metamoru [Metamour]
From first chorus:
"If (I) call this "affection"
Then "love" (should be) more sophisticated
Ah I don't know! Because (I'm) not yet there
(I'm) in the process between adulthood and (being a) kid"
I was initially weirded out by the song title, but now that I've listened to the song and its lyrics, I think this made sense. This is also a love song, no surprises there, but what struck me and probably youngsters out there is probably the heavy pop style which ironically did not deter me mainly because I've been listening to such genres over the years and am used to the technopop style it is repeating chorus after chorus, I am actually bopping to it at this point. The lyrics talk about stuck between being a kid and adult, so of course the feelings of love will be choppy and even misleading at times, and that love might be more complicated, and so the feelings will be all over the place. Interesting take on the lyrics, a heavy pop feel that's hard to beat, a short and concise feel which makes this a better song to recommend than even the title song.
Rating: Addictingly Above Average

(3) Megane-Go-Round [Glasses-Go-Round]
From first chorus:
"(I) don't have (my) glasses, (I) don't have (my) glasses the world looks like magic
Still don't understand, still don't understand the scenery that is expanding
(I) can't see, (I) can't see things yet I chase them down with you
Every day is a Glasses-Go-Round"
This ending theme song definitely sounds like a pun waiting to happen, but that's what happens when you do an unusual collaboration between the main couple's voice actors and singer-songwriter Ooishi Masayoshi because the latter wrote this song. In general though, this is as normal as it's decently good and even catchy in melody and the bridge part is fine, the lyrics makes sense tying in to the theme of the Anime of seeing way more without glasses on (because of people around you), just that this version is technically a cover song done by the opening theme artist herself as the other have done for her song too. So yeah, this has no special dialogues in the bridge part, no extra harmony, choruses are essentially just her, all that flair. Her singing does bring in the usual mature feminine voice not in the original though, which probably makes this cover in itself unique.
Rating (original song): Lovingly Above Average

Conclusion: This will be a rare recommendation even from me of a virtual singer at this time of age, but heck, I'll do it. This is a good release overall, and even if you have no idea of the Anime series, this will still make of a great start to listen to the new Anime singer in town who is trying to make a name (get it?) for herself at a young age. Hopefully with such a head start she can go far into the Anime music industry, because honestly saying? This start isn't too bad at all.


- Aozaki Shouhei, on the Klassic Note


THE PACKAGE
Well this one just came right on time with the next package incoming, so she was just here to join in on the ride unlike the last time we did this where I ended up burning a lot of money. *laughs* Still, this is already planned long ahead of time I was just waiting for the full release to confirm the B-side and hey it was good so here we are.
The hardest part is probably about choosing what special gift to take from this girl. Considering she is a virtual singer at this point (hehe) and the Anime is probably more prominent in significance than her, I chose to take Anime-related freebies instead of the aritst-based ones, so to speak. And we aren't even talking about the Limited Edition gifts and/or if you buy the ending theme song single too. *laughs* So goodbye to Neowing/CDJapan and Victor Online Store, I'm going with the likes of TOWER RECORDS and Gamers and ended up with Animate since it's a bromide photo of not the jacket cover so why not, I got enough badges. *giggles* 




That shall be it! This is a great single to listen to, just like the many bangers I have reviewed this year and it isn't even the ones that do not fall into the Review requirements of liking every song in the release, so yeah, this is a great year in The Klassic Note Review already. *giggles* See you in the next one actually we have an answer to that already which is kinda *cringe* considering I should ban single-track singles sometime soon, but until then maybe I should focus on anything new to give by the end of year. We shall see, it has been a blast so far just from not mainstream songs alone lol

P.S.
*ugh* *cringe* *laughs*