Sunday 13 July 2014

The Entertainment News Week #28

Welcome back, to this weekly report. Well I’ve been in a sloth lately, so I guess it’ll take some time before I get the momentum of this site like… like ever before? Never mind that, let’s get started.

アニメ
ANIME
Oh just a reminder that Aoi Haru Ride in this case is still under consideration. I’ll explain why and how below.
Aoi Haru Ride: Oops did I just bring forward the inevitable? LOL Well this show… it must be remembered that it’s under the Shoujo romance genre, meaning the focus is less of the girl’s appearance and more of the girl’s character, in contrast to what is focused on the guy. In this story, Futaba is acting like a glutton to deter guys off her, and the new Tanaka-kun has changed his surname and living with a total different character. What should I say… I’m not too keen on seeing how things develop if it doesn’t go on the high note for next episode, so I shall see about it. Theme songs wise… not very memorable though…
Kuroshitsuji ~Book of Circus~: As with all sequels to Anime adaptations, the first episode tends to end up on the introductory side, with Ciel and Sebastian showing their prowess to people who try to oppose them with just guns. Really. But glad things will be moving on next episode, and the new opening theme song by SID sounds prospective.
Glasslip: Apparently I’m agreeing with the guy from Random Curiosity more and more, because he seems to spot on.
“Romantic triangles and the ability to see into the future? I can’t imagine how a combination of those two things could ever go wrong.”
And so it is. Somehow things like that catch more attention like any other, as Touko also finds out about her inherent “abilities” to a glimpse of the future, from that David-kun. (So sorry I only remember by that name too) Also, with the limit of relationships banning released by Touko herself, people start to get themselves ready for a confession. Well it didn’t take long for this show, though. Good. Like to see how things to after here. I see bikinis in the next episode, so I’m looking forward to it already. Oh, and also remember that I’ll appear at the end of the season to take their “abilities” away… *wink*
On a side note yes I’m not picking any other shows after this week. And may just dump Aoi Haru Ride if I don’t like the story. But many are stopping me from dropping the show, like the voice actor cast (Mikakoshi, Kayanon) and the potential of the theme songs.

SHOWS
MythBusters: Finally back after quite a hiatus, they’re in for a new season. They start with many bangs as they discover whether it is possible to disable or destroy a grenade when in mid-air, and bombproof items to save your life. I liked the bed though; didn’t know it’ll transfer all the energy upwards, making it safe to stick to the ground. Sadly next episode and many others later are repeats of the premier airing on Australia last month, so I’ll have to wait till the new ones then. Glad the show’s back though.
CrazyGod: Another mystery show adaptation, and they’re still reminiscing about Konan. Seriously?

漫画
MANGA
BLEACH: Time for someone in the Royal Guard to show their powers! Or at least last as long as they can before Ichigo arrives of course. Which I don’t think they will according to Kubo’s usual style, until the Quincy leader reaches the living quarters of the Soul King? Oh please prove me wrong…
Tonari no Kashiwagi-san: Lacking in translators, the latest release hopefully will not be the last ones. Things are developing well with Tina and her boyfriend, and it seems like the love in the air is affecting Yuuto, as he…? Haiz not like he’ll do anything… right? What he really needs is a rival, man…
(BTW really want to see Sayaka’s role animated; the tsundere will make me go mad…)

音楽
This Week on Klassic Note
As mentioned last week, released this week were new singles of Ikimono and Aki-neechan. Listening to the Ikimono single one day after release makes me feel so at home, but also less in surprise because I’ve heard it umpteen times? Aki-neechan’s single however is a stark surprise as she surprises me with a wonderful song, music video and even better B-side. Read on the Klassic Note Review and the music video review to find out more. Sadly things for this single are confirmed (by me too) to reach my abode next week bundled with SCANDAL’s single in order to save delivery costs. I guess I can wait another week, right? Hmm… agony within…


I guess that’s all. Not a very exciting week though. Well not until I got bored of waiting for Aki-chan’s single and watched a couple of boring first episodes. Okay not so boring, but I’ll see about it then. Cya guys next week again, and until next time… remember to check back. If you just want the photos then see you in a week. Same place, same time, yes?

[P.S.: Hey sickos here’s your weekly (scarce) dosage of homescreen delight!

No choice, mostly thinking of the photo of Aki-neechan bundled with the single which is not coming until next week. And I did think of sharing the photo album only for myself on Facebook over here, but it’s not an easy task, I guess…]

[P.P.S.: On Tomacchan’s radio show yesterday, she displayed her wonderful English-speaking skills that even I do not understand. Great. She has a lot to improve on…]